This is gonna be a fun year....DUI Jets Topic

Jones, Green and Washington are better than Green, LT and McKnight. This is outright wrong.

Holmes will probably play 5 or so games, then get into more trouble. This is outright stupid.

Taylor, is he there for the right reasons (HBO cameras trying to pimp himself out for post career). This is even stupidier.

It's going to be a fun season in the AFC East. Pats, Jets and Phins should all be very productive teams. It's gonna be competitive. This seems to be true.But like I said ... We'll see ya soon. Week 2, I believe.
5/5/2010 1:28 PM
Really? LT is better than TJ? McKnight is a rook.

Well, i was just screwing around wwith that one. Wouldn't be shocked if it happens.

I see you glossed over Edwards and Cromartie. What's that....Cromartie just had his 10th kid with 9th different woman!

Stupidier....huh?

I think it's week 2...
5/5/2010 1:40 PM
Seems like the question is will Jets be better this year than last.

Didn't gloss over Edwards. He does drop alot of passes. Is he any worse than last year? Plus when Holmes comes in Edwards is a pretty good 3rd WR.

Cromarte did have just 1 real god year. Jets feel he's in a place to have an even better year. Plus I don't see how having 10 kids (or not shutting off your IPod, for that matter) makes you a worse player.

Jason Taylor ADDED. Anything he does is a plus.

As for the RB situation --- I wonder how much luck I would have had a year ago convincing anyone that TJ was better than LT? Not much, I'm thinking. Truth is LT, a H of F RB, is coming into a run offense with the best OLine he ever ran behind. A push with TJ, AT WORST>

I think the 2010 SGreene, a year more developed with a year and playoff experience is better than 2009 Rookie SGreene.

If McKnight gains 1 yard he had a better year than LWash. who missed the whole year.

So how can't the RBs be better this year?
5/5/2010 2:06 PM
You're underestimating TJ. Guy was a stud and LT is a dud. You're going to hate having him. Granted Green is a stud and will mask the hole of TJ.

Also, you keep saying washington didn't play a down last year. Um...he played in 7 games. Averaged 4.6 ypc (331 yards) and 8.7 ypc (131 yards). Also, Washington has always been a thorn against the Pats.

SD's line is no joke to.

5/5/2010 4:49 PM
LT is done. Thomas Jones will have a much better year than LT will. Washington is a highly underrated back. The Seahawks are going to love him. I too feel like they got worse at the RB position.
5/5/2010 4:52 PM
because Jones is better then Tomlinson, right now.

because the line is worse with the loss of Faneca.

because 7 games of Leon Washington is better then 16 games of Joe McKnight.

because Shonn Greene won't be getting 5 yards a carry with a reduced line and more work.

The Jets rushing attack will not be as good next year. The passing game should be better, but with a young QB, with the turmoil in the WR corps, and with the breaking in of all sorts of new people it will be incredibly inconsistent.

Defensively Cromartie helps, but I still question the DL and LB units and the safeties aren't exactly great.
5/5/2010 4:53 PM
Heh, I kept Cedric Benson over LT in my money continuing football league.
5/5/2010 5:02 PM
Why did I think LWashington was hurt in the pre-season? My bad. I stand corrected.

Point is he suffered a major injury. He's not the same guy. I hope Im wrong because I like Leon.

Also - not going to bad mouth TJ because he was one of my fav Jets. I wish him luck.

BUT .... For the 1st time ever I have alot of faith in Jet management and I think they know what they are doing. If I have to decide who's opinion may be right I'll go with Tanenbaum/Ryan over nomar/the taint/moranis.

And if anyone wants a bet -- Most yards rushing TJ/LT look me up.
5/5/2010 5:11 PM
I'll take a 20 dollar gift card on that.
5/5/2010 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By The Taint on 5/05/2010I'll take a 20 dollar gift card on that

Booked
5/5/2010 5:15 PM
Funny what a star Thomas Jones became on this site the second the Jets let him go.

You guys really make me laugh.
5/5/2010 5:16 PM
I've always liked Thomas Jones as a back and he outgained LT 1400 to 700 yards last year and 1300 to 1100 yards the year before. LT is a shadow of his former self. Injury prone and old.
5/5/2010 5:28 PM
You really should be giving me odds.
5/5/2010 5:52 PM
who said thomas jones was a star, he is just better then tomlinson, which pretty much everyone outside of the Jets and Jets fans realize.
5/5/2010 7:47 PM
Ok so enlighten me. Whats the answer? Why did the Jets let Thomas Jones go, who they could have signed easily, and sign LT for the same money? I know, because they wanted the worse back, right?

Why did they let Fanaca go? (Don't even say money because it aint) Because their OLine was too good and they wanted to make it worse?

Why did they trade LWashington? Becaue their running game was getiing to good and they felt it was unfair so they thought they would weaken it?

But the biggest mystery is why isn't moranis or the taint the GM of the Jets and Mike Tananbaum on WIS drafting a $80mil cap Franchise twist team in Sim Live Baseball?

5/6/2010 4:27 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
This is gonna be a fun year....DUI Jets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.