STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2009-10 Topic

Anybody can beat the Flames. The local peewee team can beat the Flames, so that's not saying much. And I hope they all do, next year and for about 5 years to come. Maybe then we can finaly get a little bit of talent in the system.

5/8/2010 1:28 AM
I've come to love the little rollover/flop Luongo does after getting beat. The guy has sunburn on the back his neck from the red light.

Sunday night, the Hawks should finish these cheap-shot mothers off on Mother's Day. While I'm thrilled to see it, it boggles the mind that Vancouver continues the idiocy with the ridiculous stupidity that leads to power play chances for us. I've seen dumb teams before, but these guys take the cake.

Johnny Toews is a special, special player and on the road to stardom. He currently leads the playoff scorers with 18 points and seems to get better as the games mean more. If you're looking to watch a great young player, this kid is it.
5/8/2010 1:29 AM
I don't remember where I heard this but someone said: "If Mike Richards is Bobby Clarke plus, then Jonathan Toews is Bryan Trottier plus."

I couldn't think of a better comparison/complement for both players on a night where they both played great when their team needed it most.
5/8/2010 1:34 AM
Unfortunately for the Canucks, they are not the only ones watching this series closely. You may want Luongo to be traded, but I think they have made their bed with that ultra high, ultra long-term contract. I can't see anybody wanting to take that on. The NHL brass en-mass has seen what Luongo has done these past couple of seasons, including his reluctance to take resposibility. Luongo="Vancouver" Canuck til at least 2020.

5/8/2010 1:35 AM
Music to my ears!!

This just in....Vancouver just got another roughing penalty.
5/8/2010 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By andru2797 on 5/08/2010I don't remember where I heard this but someone said: "If Mike Richards is Bobby Clarke plus, then Jonathan Toews is Bryan Trottier plus."

I couldn't think of a better comparison/complement for both players on a night where they both played great when their team needed it most

Don't even get me started on Bryan Trottier. He was my idol growing up. Of course coming from the Lethbridge area, I saw him lots before he suited up for the Islanders. He instructed me at a local hockey school in 1975 while he was still in juniors and I followed his career ever since. If Toews becomes even half the player Trots was, he'll be a great one.

5/8/2010 2:16 AM
It's all those good BC boys on the Hawks.

And a few other good players.

If I was a Hawks fan I would be a bit nervous about all of the giveaways in their own end, and the average goaltending letting in a couple of goals every game
5/8/2010 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By banned_muddy on 5/08/2010I've come to love the little rollover/flop Luongo does after getting beat. The guy has sunburn on the back his neck from the red light.

Sunday night, the Hawks should finish these cheap-shot mothers off on Mother's Day. While I'm thrilled to see it, it boggles the mind that Vancouver continues the idiocy with the ridiculous stupidity that leads to power play chances for us. I've seen dumb teams before, but these guys take the cake.

Johnny Toews is a special, special player and on the road to stardom. He currently leads the playoff scorers with 18 points and seems to get better as the games mean more. If you're looking to watch a great young player, this kid is it

The problem with Vancouver is that they play Calgary so often during the season, and during which they can take as many penalties as they want without any repercussion. The reason is that Calgary couldn't score a PP goal if the net was 100 ft wide and 50 ft tall, even with Luongo "tending" it. When you get that spoiled, you forget that other teams might actually make you pay the price if you let your game get out of hand.

5/8/2010 2:23 AM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
5/8/2010 9:48 AM
It was randle's drunkenness that prompted that slap. Don't get upset...his all-world goalie has proved to be a *****.
5/8/2010 10:52 AM
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaeckel/Seriously/128/28229
5/8/2010 7:31 PM
The best post was the asswipe 3 posts in blaming the lack of a goalie coach for Roberta sucking so badly.
5/8/2010 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By banned_muddy on 5/08/2010It was randle's drunkenness that prompted that slap. Don't get upset...his all-world goalie has proved to be a *****
IF you read my posts ,im the last guy to claim Luongo as world class..he's the biggest fraud to ever hit the west coast..

and yes BB ,that was the rye talking..sorry about that,you did nothing to me ..just popped into my head
5/8/2010 10:13 PM
you need to drink yourself into a stupor when you have that c-nt Luongo in net,just to get thru 60 minutes..
5/8/2010 10:17 PM
I actually think we'll see the Canucks best game tonight. The Hawks have to make sure to come out with that same killer instinct they've had in game 6's the last two years.

The first goal is going to be huge tonight.
5/9/2010 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...249 Next ▸
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2009-10 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.