You don’t know Bo Topic

This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/14/2010 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/14/2010
philly, I blocked you because I was done with it. Still am. Except you guys keep sniping about it. As you say "Let it go".

Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/14/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010
if what you did was right why are you worried about your commish reputation?

You know how the forums work. Silence means agreement. If someone starts trashing you and you don't respond, you must not disagree.
How do you expect to be a commissioner and not have the patience or respect of other owners to give it a decent try....I would have expected more from an owner with your track record as commissioner.... but I guess 31 of 32 owners were wrong.
6/14/2010 10:21 PM
Anyway, Bo Jackson is a world that needs 10 owners every season. None of the 20 returning owners could be bothered with recruiting owners. I think that says a lot about the world. I agreed to try to set it on the right path if the returning owners wanted it. I laid down a few ground rules. Come to find out, the returning owners just don't care.
6/14/2010 10:21 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/14/2010 10:22 PM
so you agree you were wrong,( I am probably not reading that right, it's late and I am tired)
6/14/2010 10:23 PM
I am dissapointed Mike over this. I think it could have been handled better. Knowing that this league has a history of apathy, and may need nudged a bit-Mike could have preemptively sent out trade chats, sitemails, or whatever stating there was a rule violation and a need to veto. If everyone that says they vetoed is being truthful, it probably only fell 1 or 2 votes short.

If the league were where it needs to be at already, the forum post after the trade would have been enough. But for Mike to give it up so soon shows that he expected the league to magically and instantaneously reach a level of a solid or elite world. In my mind it shows that he expected his mere presence and recruiting of owners to be all that was necessary.

Worse than Mike giving up the commish job is the owners already leaving over it. Its just a convenient excuse to pack up their bags and not help clean up the world without Mike being in charge.
6/14/2010 10:23 PM
It is not fair to say they don't care.....The fact is as commissioner you did not care about sticking with it. You should have know it would not be a smooth sailing job just because your in the "head". If anything you should have saw what this resulted in, and the next situation before you tucked your tail between your legs and quit as commissioner.
6/14/2010 10:24 PM
I would still like an example of my so called trade raping noobs, you had more than enough time to find an example
6/14/2010 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dmurphy104 on 6/14/2010I am dissapointed Mike over this. I think it could have been handled better. Knowing that this league has a history of apathy, and may need nudged a bit-Mike could have preemptively sent out trade chats, sitemails, or whatever stating there was a rule violation and a need to veto. If everyone that says they vetoed is being truthful, it probably only fell 1 or 2 votes short.If the league were where it needs to be at already, the forum post after the trade would have been enough. But for Mike to give it up so soon shows that he expected the league to magically and instantaneously reach a level of a solid or elite world. In my mind it shows that he expected his mere presence and recruiting of owners to be all that was necessary.Worse than Mike giving up the commish job is the owners already leaving over it. Its just a convenient excuse to pack up their bags and not help clean up the world without Mike being in charge.

Like I mentioned.....He thinks he is GOD and he is perfect.
6/14/2010 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010so you agree you were wrong,( I am probably not reading that right, it's late and I am tired

Yeah, you're reading it wrong. I resigned because I was sold something that wasn't what I got. I can't sell a world as a commish if I can't produce what I'm selling. I can't do that without the support of the world(that's in polley's thread also). So, next season, I'd be unable to recruit because I don't believe in the world. Everyone is better off.
6/14/2010 10:27 PM
I agree we have a commish who wants the job now, not someone looking for an ego stroke , you barely made it to the draft , not much comittment
6/14/2010 10:27 PM
It's a shame that the forums shut down in 9 1/2 hours. This is good entertainment. I'm even missing "Dirty Jobs" for this.
6/14/2010 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By dmurphy104 on 6/14/2010
I am dissapointed Mike over this. I think it could have been handled better. Knowing that this league has a history of apathy, and may need nudged a bit-Mike could have preemptively sent out trade chats, sitemails, or whatever stating there was a rule violation and a need to veto. If everyone that says they vetoed is being truthful, it probably only fell 1 or 2 votes short.

If the league were where it needs to be at already, the forum post after the trade would have been enough. But for Mike to give it up so soon shows that he expected the league to magically and instantaneously reach a level of a solid or elite world. In my mind it shows that he expected his mere presence and recruiting of owners to be all that was necessary.

Worse than Mike giving up the commish job is the owners already leaving over it. Its just a convenient excuse to pack up their bags and not help clean up the world without Mike being in charge.

Nope. I expect 9 of 29 owners to help me enforce the trade rules that everyone supposedly agreed to. With a 3 page blow-up over it in the world chat, I'd think we should have been at least that far along.

Then, after the fact, there was a lot of indifference and apathy.
6/14/2010 10:29 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11...16 Next ▸
You don’t know Bo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.