You don’t know Bo Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Nothing lasts forever. It was a failed experiment. I could have hung around, finished the season as commish and collected my $5 credit. No one would have known if I was paying attention to league matters because, quite frankly, it appears that no one was. But I wouldn't have done it next season. I think I did the world a favor.

How, exactly, were you damaged? Or, as I've been told, are you just a troublemaker looking to argue? YOU couldn't play by the rules. When confronted, YOU rationalized your inability to play by the rules YOU agreed to. YOU are further hurting the world by dragging this thru the forums. Seems like YOU are the problem.
6/15/2010 7:25 AM
This is awesome stuff. Too bad the forums shut down in a half hour.
6/15/2010 7:35 AM
Here's why you're stupid:

1. I started this thread. Anything I don't want read I can redline. I haven't redlined anything. What do you think that means?

2. pirates2 admitted that this was not helping Bo Jackson. Yet both of you continued on. You even carried this into today.

3. Inbreeding.
6/15/2010 7:46 AM
When it was brought to your attention, there was 3 pages of you and SMX rationalizing and making excuses. Then, when it was completed, there was half a dozen pages of owners saying "Oh, it's really no big deal."

As I said then, and I'll say now, when the rules become "no big deal", they're just suggestions.
6/15/2010 7:48 AM
not that Mike needs or wants defending, but he is an excellent commish

there have been several times I didn't agree with his tactics, but that is what makes him a good commish ... he doesn't care what people think about him or his tactics, he does what he thinks is best for the world ... he doesn't care if you don't think it is best for the world, or even if it *is* best for the world ... he only cares about his vision ... you go along, or get out

he's more than willing to be the "bad guy" to further that goal ... if it means making a mountain out of a mole hill to illustrate the point, he will ... it will make you uncomfortable, but you will think about it ... and decide if you want to play by his rules

but there is never a shortage of owners willing to play in his leagues, and there is never any 'tarding up of his worlds
6/15/2010 8:14 AM
Sort of confirms the sitemail I sent to the owners I brought in(with the exception of the two who made the trade that started this) yesterday:

To: drwtsn
Sent: 6/14/2010 9:55:00 AM
Subject: Bo Jackson

Since the dust has settled, I'd like to personally apologize for the situation and my subsequent resignation as commish. If you followed the soap opera that preceded me taking the job, I felt I was very clear about what needed to happen to turn the world around and that the returning owners would agree to it. While I may have made a bigger deal of it than was necessary, I did so intentionally in an effort to see how the world would react. All I saw was indifference. That led me to believe their agreement to my terms was simply an effort to fill the world and start playing. I would like to say that I was surprised but, in reality, I'm not. Bo Jackson had problems for a reason. I'd hoped that they realized it and were willing to work on the problem. They haven't.

Anyway, again, I apologize for selling you a product that I couldn't produce. While this is just the internet world and we're playing an internet game, I feel I owe you one. If there's anything I can do for you within the confines of HBD, let me know.

Mike
6/15/2010 8:28 AM
Hi.
6/15/2010 8:31 AM
Bottom line: some people want good worlds with a strong commish who's willing to do what he sees fit to do to try to keep things in line, and other people just want to be able to do whatever they want without regard to the rest of the world, and will ***** and moan when things don't go their way.
6/15/2010 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally Posted By dmurphy104 on 6/14/2010
I am dissapointed Mike over this. I think it could have been handled better. Knowing that this league has a history of apathy, and may need nudged a bit-Mike could have preemptively sent out trade chats, sitemails, or whatever stating there was a rule violation and a need to veto. If everyone that says they vetoed is being truthful, it probably only fell 1 or 2 votes short.

If the league were where it needs to be at already, the forum post after the trade would have been enough. But for Mike to give it up so soon shows that he expected the league to magically and instantaneously reach a level of a solid or elite world. In my mind it shows that he expected his mere presence and recruiting of owners to be all that was necessary.

Worse than Mike giving up the commish job is the owners already leaving over it. Its just a convenient excuse to pack up their bags and not help clean up the world without Mike being in charge.

o mr. dsmurf- have you not seen the movie 'lean on me'??? you need to establish the rules with an iron fist and concrete understanding, even if it seems harsh, in order to induce change quickly.

apathy is what leads to lots of turnover. the owners of bo jackson said they wanted change and had mike come in to make it so.

if rules can't be followed to the letter of the law or better yet most of the owners in the world don't think a small mistake is a big deal, then as mike said there is no hope for the world.

the reason some people (and i am contemplating leaving as well) is because we joined BECAUSE mike was gonna be in charge and make people accountable.

if mike is no longer in charge and people don't feel like being accountable, even if it inconveniences them, it is not and will not be an elite world.
6/15/2010 8:35 AM
From polley's thread:

1. I'd like a free season. People sometimes want change until change smacks them in the face and kicks them in the sack. If I fill this world and attempt to turn it around only to find that my style doesn't suit your personality, I won't have wasted time and money. You can pick whichever team you want me to have.
6/15/2010 8:41 AM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16 Next ▸
You don’t know Bo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.