You don’t know Bo Topic

Quote: Originally posted by MikeT23 on 6/14/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010so you agree you were wrong,( I am probably not reading that right, it's late and I am tired)Yeah, you're reading it wrong.  I resigned because I was sold something that wasn't what I got.   I can't sell a world as a commish if I can't produce what I'm selling.  I can't do that without the support of the world(that's in polley's thread also).  So, next season, I'd be unable to recruit because I don't believe in the world.   Everyone is better off.

Hell you did not even give it a chance....We were sold on you being a decent commissioner who could be an asset for the world. That was a smoke screen on us. A good commissioner would not bail and run like you did. You got the job, plus a free season...and I believe some owners sent you gift certificates for prizes for the new owners challenge. We bought into you being reliable and a commissioner for the "new era" of BO.... We now know that meant until you did not get your way.
6/14/2010 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By tecwrg on 6/14/2010It's a shame that the forums shut down in 9 1/2 hours. This is good entertainment. I'm even missing "Dirty Jobs" for this
I am watching dirty jobs, while being entertained in the forums, proablly a good thing the forums shut down , before this gets too crazy
6/14/2010 10:31 PM
This post could not be converted. To view the original post's thread, click here.
6/14/2010 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010I agree we have a commish who wants the job now, not someone looking for an ego stroke , you barely made it to the draft , not much comittment

Read polley's thread. I said the world had to be behind what I was wanting before I took the job. It wasn't. I blew up the chat for two days over it.

And the entire time all I heard was "No big deal."
6/14/2010 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/14/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By dmurphy104 on 6/14/2010

I am dissapointed Mike over this. I think it could have been handled better. Knowing that this league has a history of apathy, and may need nudged a bit-Mike could have preemptively sent out trade chats, sitemails, or whatever stating there was a rule violation and a need to veto. If everyone that says they vetoed is being truthful, it probably only fell 1 or 2 votes short.

If the league were where it needs to be at already, the forum post after the trade would have been enough. But for Mike to give it up so soon shows that he expected the league to magically and instantaneously reach a level of a solid or elite world. In my mind it shows that he expected his mere presence and recruiting of owners to be all that was necessary.

Worse than Mike giving up the commish job is the owners already leaving over it. Its just a convenient excuse to pack up their bags and not help clean up the world without Mike being in charge.

Nope. I expect 9 of 29 owners to help me enforce the trade rules that everyone supposedly agreed to. With a 3 page blow-up over it in the world chat, I'd think we should have been at least that far along.

Then, after the fact, there was a lot of indifference and apathy.
And you recruited 11 or 12 owners yourself. Some of that's on you. Not everyone you recruited voted the deal down. You had to know going in that the apathy that was the reason a new commish was being recruited in the forums was probably a big part of why there wasnt much opposition or debate (except for one owner) about the rules and your coming in as commish.
6/14/2010 10:37 PM
You heard that because it was said to be a mistake. Yes it broke a rule, but it was being fixed. You still expect perfection just because it is "you" in the commissioner's role. When it was not perfect, you bailed and made excuses about owners not respecting the rules.
6/14/2010 10:38 PM
and that it was getting fixed, there was already a trade in place to fix it. it's not even like they did it on purpose, mistakes happen, thats why some people gave them a break, you have never made a mistake ?
6/14/2010 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010
Quote: Originally Posted By tecwrg on 6/14/2010
It's a shame that the forums shut down in 9 1/2 hours. This is good entertainment. I'm even missing "Dirty Jobs" for this.
I am watching dirty jobs, while being entertained in the forums, proablly a good thing the forums shut down , before this gets too craz

I'd probably stick to the show if it was a poo episode.
I said, in the world chat, that I take some blame. Two owners I brought in made the trade. That still 29 owners(not counting me) for 9 votes.
He is Miket23......he is perfect..just ask him.
it's about a bird cleaning business ( the clean geese and ducks for hunters) it;s a repeat, but a pretty good one
6/14/2010 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally Posted By pirateswin2 on 6/14/2010and that it was getting fixed, there was already a trade in place to fix it. it's not even like they did it on purpose, mistakes happen, thats why some people gave them a break, you have never made a mistake

Sure they do. And when everyone says "No big deal" should I assume they're also making a mistake? Or just indicating their indifference to rules?

And, for the record, people lie on the internet. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe it was an effort to see what they could get away with.

But, as I said, the trade wasn't the problem. It was the reaction after the trade.
6/14/2010 10:42 PM
I know. I'm going back and forth. I just prefer the poo episodes. They're always fun.
Quote: Originally Posted By MikeT23 on 6/14/2010I said, in the world chat, that I take some blame. Two owners I brought in made the trade. That still 29 owners(not counting me) for 9 votes.
can this post be flagged , mike admitted ( maybe for the 1st time in the sites history) he may have been at fault somewhat
Quote: Originally Posted By tecwrg on 6/14/2010I know. I'm going back and forth. I just prefer the poo episodes. They're always fun
high scary places are good also, always like when he looks at the camera and says these people are crazy and he is about to die..... good times
6/14/2010 10:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...16 Next ▸
You don’t know Bo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.