1888 Elton Chamberlain: 2 inning closer Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I thought I would try the closer role with Chamberlain... Just thought you might want something to compare yours to. This is what he's done 104 games into the season.

Games: 48
IP : 69
Wins: 5
Loses: 2
Saves: 34
Blown Saves: 2
ERA: 1.43
WHIP: 0.89
OAV: 1.69

I've not changed any settings since the league started:

Auto Rest: 80
Inning Avail: 8th
TPC: 30
MPC: 35
Call Bullpen: 1

My home park is Forbes Field... 62-42... also in 2nd place... Elton is 3rd in the Cy Young and 1st in the Fireman... sound familiar?

thunder1008... you are in this league... MLB90133
6/19/2010 2:16 PM (edited)
Thanks Bootone, that is pretty interesting.  I hope my name is not being used in Vain in a few months for littering leagues with Elton.  Feel free to update from time to time.

If you want to max him even more Bootone I have Elton set:

Auto Rest 97 (has only been unavailable a handful of times this season)
TPC: 45
MPC: 60
Call to Bullpen: 1

6/19/2010 2:50 PM (edited)
Elton pitched another 1.2 perfect innings this morning to to get t he save for Orel Hershiser (Long A) 7th win.

His updated stats:
APPEARANCES: 50
IP: 82.2
Wins: 10
Losses: 4
Saves: 32
Blown Saves: 4
ERA: 1.31
WHIP: .88
OAV: .169

6/19/2010 2:49 PM
Thanks Bilfert, let's hope Chamberlain does not become the new Caruthers!

I'll try those setting and see what happens! Good Luck the rest of the way!
6/19/2010 3:06 PM
Posted by Bootone on 6/19/2010 2:16:00 PM (view original):
I thought I would try the closer role with Chamberlain... Just thought you might want something to compare yours to. This is what he's done 104 games into the season.

Games: 48
IP : 69
Wins: 5
Loses: 2
Saves: 34
Blown Saves: 2
ERA: 1.43
WHIP: 0.89
OAV: 1.69

I've not changed any settings since the league started:

Auto Rest: 80
TPC: 30
MPC: 35
Call Bullpen: 1

My home park is Forbes Field... 62-42... also in 2nd place... Elton is 3rd in the Cy Young and 1st in the Fireman... sound familiar?

thunder1008... you are in this league... MLB90133
Bootone.  Yes, I'm in your league as Serious Lumber, although I think my team is misnamed.  Maybe I should call them Frivolous Lumber.  They're leading their division, but they're not very good.  Even if I take my division, I think my chances of getting past you and Boogerlips and a couple of the other division leaders in the playoffs are slim.  I love your team -- Ripper Collins and Ken Singleton are two of my favorite SIM players, and Mickey Mantle was one of my favorite RL players.

My big sluggers are doing OK, but they're underperforming considering that I put them in Yankee Stadium III, where guys like Ruth `19 should go wild.  I think Hornsby was a mistake.  I have the most mediocre rotation (5 man) of any of my recent teams.

You and Bilfert don't look as if you're going to get Chamberlain's full innings in the closer role, though it won't be bad to have innings left over for late season starts and ultralong relief.  Have you thought about bumping up his TPC/MPC a notch and bringing him in more frequently in the 7th?

6/19/2010 5:01 PM

thunder1008, yes I made some pitch count adjustments... let's see what happans. There are some good owners in that league... the playoffs should be interesting!

6/19/2010 5:12 PM
I just checked, and I'm 1-8 against you in that league.  Ouch.  Your only mistake is not figuring out a way to play me every day.  Chamberlain has six saves against me, though I've nicked him for a few runs recently.
6/19/2010 5:14 PM
I got boned in the PM2 game tonight.  Elton came in with the score tied in the 8th and of course Sparky pinch hit for him in the top of the 9th.  Red Ruffing pitches the 9th and give it up for a loss.  It seems that this Double Switch thing is a big problem that should be fixed.
6/19/2010 9:06 PM
I just made the playoffs in an OL with Elton as a starter 3A for most of the season.  He was 14-1 in 23 starts (no relief appearances), 155 IP, 1.51 ERA, 0.97 WHIP, .204 OAV, and 3 HR allowed.  This was in AFCS.  Haven't decided yet how I'm going to use him in the playoffs.
6/19/2010 9:44 PM
Bumping this to be viewed in the context of the `99 Pedro as a closer thread.
4/19/2011 7:54 PM
I hindsight I feel guilty that I didn't see this thread all the way through. At the time I thought I had learned all I could and I stopped posting game results. It was alot of work, but looking back it would have made this more complete and useful.
4/22/2011 1:01 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456
1888 Elton Chamberlain: 2 inning closer Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.