This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Looks like he's probably up to 76 iterations, at least. I guess when you run so many teams there's no time for creative naming.
5/7/2010 8:49 AM
Is it the same team or the same team name?
5/7/2010 12:07 PM
Very similar teams. I've seen Tully Sparks, Noodles Hahn and Butch Wynegar over... and over... and over again (which means I probably have a few too many teams myself).

5/7/2010 12:51 PM
Are you sure those teams were from OLs, and not some private leagues the guy set up for himself? The reason I ask is that this TOC has an 80M cap, which would mean if his teams were from OLs he didn't use his AAA (at least not after the deadline).

Or is that something sharp owners are doing now in OLs -- dumping their AAA at the deadline to get their team salaries under 80M?

As I told someone recently who beat my prog team in a TOC final with an OL-minus-AAA type team, I think this is the best way to get a TOC title. Load up on all the usual OL cookies, lay off the AAA, then get put into a TOC with a bunch of prog teams...
5/7/2010 1:12 PM
They're from open leagues, I've got #119 in a league with me right now. And to this point, he's used AAA pitchers, but not hitters.
5/7/2010 1:21 PM
would really suck if he didnt make it out of that east bracket
5/7/2010 1:23 PM
Interesting. 49 games in, and he hasn't used any AAA pitching, despite having only 1379 IP and no mop. And despite drafting only 4944 PA, he's barely used any of his AAA bats (37 PA).
5/7/2010 1:27 PM
But in fairness, he's really pretty good, and he seems to keep up the rosters on all those teams. I've watched his learning curve, and he's gone from 90-95 wins per team in OL's to 100+ and playoff contenders almost across the board on his latest few batches of teams. He seems to have found a winning formula which he uses over and over and over again.
5/7/2010 1:45 PM
zzzzzz.... that would be boring.
5/7/2010 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crazystengel on 5/07/2010Are you sure those teams were from OLs, and not some private leagues the guy set up for himself? The reason I ask is that this TOC has an 80M cap, which would mean if his teams were from OLs he didn't use his AAA (at least not after the deadline).

Or is that something sharp owners are doing now in OLs -- dumping their AAA at the deadline to get their team salaries under 80M?

As I told someone recently who beat my prog team in a TOC final with an OL-minus-AAA type team, I think this is the best way to get a TOC title. Load up on all the usual OL cookies, lay off the AAA, then get put into a TOC with a bunch of prog teams...

Does this really work if I send all my AAA guys down before the dead line.Then I would not have to play against the $90mil teams????????????????
5/7/2010 2:57 PM
Yep, that would boring to play the same roster of players. But to each his own...
5/7/2010 4:58 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.