Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Posted by r0b0t on 2/1/2011 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 2/1/2011 10:38:00 AM (view original):
entertaining bot stove, and captured many of my basic HOF sentiments pretty well (not including the worn-out pedophile jokes, I did like the christmas tree one though). Grieve was a very good player for a time period based upon the basic parameters of HBD, glitchy or not. i'd gladly vote Grieve into the postseason HOF or the Tandem HOF. but based upon getting 5 votes a season, i cant make him one of my 5 vote getters this season based upon the other candidates out there.
Velandia is the only shoo-in to me, but I think Grieve has supporting evidence to suggest that he belongs there just as much as any other candidate, if not more.

And there's no such thing as a postseason Hall of Fame because postseason should play just as big an impact as regular season. Calling it the regular season Hall of Fame is stupid. Real HoF voters always consider postseason performance when voting. I don't see why someone should ignore it just because the stats immediately in front of them do.
i have no issue with you or anyone else voting for Grieve, but to impose your voting values on other voters is just arguing to get rid of voting. why dont we just have whoever AI automatically nominates just be in the HOF if only one standard is the accurate one.
2/1/2011 10:53 AM
is there more than one shippensburg, ursinus or gettysburg out there?
Posted by mbriese on 2/1/2011 10:52:00 AM (view original):
I was at Metropolitan State, but for the sake of out-of-state tuition and seeing as it's my last semester here in Colorado I'm going to Community College of Denver, which is located on the same campus.
so you flunked out?

i didn't even know community colleges require you to even go to class. i thought you just sit in a library making jokes with the black jehovah's witness.
Posted by bret2775 on 2/1/2011 10:53:00 AM (view original):
I have the remote from Sliders. So, yes there are.
2/1/2011 10:54 AM
all of our midwest/eastern offices are closed today except for the one I work in...one of the downsides of working in the corporate office.
2/1/2011 10:54 AM
Posted by r0b0t on 2/1/2011 10:54:00 AM (view original):

are Harold & Kumar with you?

2/1/2011 10:55 AM
Posted by vandydave on 2/1/2011 10:53:00 AM (view original):
entertaining bot stove, and captured many of my basic HOF sentiments pretty well (not including the worn-out pedophile jokes, I did like the christmas tree one though). Grieve was a very good player for a time period based upon the basic parameters of HBD, glitchy or not. i'd gladly vote Grieve into the postseason HOF or the Tandem HOF. but based upon getting 5 votes a season, i cant make him one of my 5 vote getters this season based upon the other candidates out there.
Velandia is the only shoo-in to me, but I think Grieve has supporting evidence to suggest that he belongs there just as much as any other candidate, if not more.

And there's no such thing as a postseason Hall of Fame because postseason should play just as big an impact as regular season. Calling it the regular season Hall of Fame is stupid. Real HoF voters always consider postseason performance when voting. I don't see why someone should ignore it just because the stats immediately in front of them do.
i have no issue with you or anyone else voting for Grieve, but to impose your voting values on other voters is just arguing to get rid of voting. why dont we just have whoever AI automatically nominates just be in the HOF if only one standard is the accurate one.

I am just pushing for a non-biased voting process, and it seems bias has hampered his campaign.

2/1/2011 10:55 AM
Posted by bret2775 on 2/1/2011 10:55:00 AM (view original):

They closed the White Castle that movie refers to. That used to be close to me, but now there's barely any around.
2/1/2011 10:56 AM
Barely any meaning like an hour drive.
2/1/2011 10:56 AM
Posted by r0b0t on 2/1/2011 10:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by vandydave on 2/1/2011 10:53:00 AM (view original):

I am just pushing for a non-biased voting process, and it seems bias has hampered his campaign.

i have no bias against Grieve/Gin or any other player. Grieve simply isn't one of my top 5 this season.
2/1/2011 10:57 AM
Posted by vandydave on 2/1/2011 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 2/1/2011 10:22:00 AM (view original):
After spending the last two days ripping on VD, I thought we could go back to talking about moy.  breum is so 5 years ago.
a bunch of people here have idiotic views about HBD, im happy to be the voice of reason and non-HBD elitism.
Elitism comes from not being idiotic.
2/1/2011 10:57 AM
Posted by r0b0t on 2/1/2011 10:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bret2775 on 2/1/2011 10:55:00 AM (view original):

They closed the White Castle that movie refers to. That used to be close to me, but now there's barely any around.
no White Castle or Krystal anywhere close to KC, its sad.
2/1/2011 10:58 AM
Posted by r0b0t on 2/1/2011 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 2/1/2011 10:52:00 AM (view original):
I was at Metropolitan State, but for the sake of out-of-state tuition and seeing as it's my last semester here in Colorado I'm going to Community College of Denver, which is located on the same campus.
so you flunked out?

i didn't even know community colleges require you to even go to class. i thought you just sit in a library making jokes with the black jehovah's witness.
Apparently you do, but I've got a cute girl from my sociology class taking notes for me today, so I'll be ok.

By the way, this is Denver - there are no jehovah's witnesses, just a bunch of smelly people asking for money in less-than-creative ways.
2/1/2011 10:59 AM

Facts
2/1/2011 10:59 AM
Posted by r0b0t on 2/1/2011 10:52:00 AM (view original):
I think paying for it myself meant I wanted the cheaper option. But I could have had so much more clout.
Uncle Sam paid for mine...  thank Christ.  The school I ended up going to was super expensive and would have run me into the poor house.

Not having to pay my ex's student loans was one of the best parts of the divorce.
2/1/2011 11:01 AM
â—‚ Prev 1...1401|1402|1403|1404|1405...1822 Next â–¸
Shtickless - Unless Being Dead Is A Shtick Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.