Offensive philosophy for Safeco Topic

I'll have to check....I'll run some #'s this evening.
1/20/2011 7:07 PM
about 400 less PA than the wrigley team
1/20/2011 7:11 PM
Okay these stats are from a kinda wacky progressive league I am in.  I have two completed seasons of data to share

I faced 281 and 240 less batters than the league average.  Assuming 4.3 batters per inning....it's around 60 less innings I needed than the average team.

I had 184 and 268 less PA than the average team. Divide that by 8  and its 25 to 30 less PA per spot in the batting order.

Hope that helps
1/20/2011 7:52 PM
Yeah, that is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
1/20/2011 8:04 PM
And I have another question. I'm trying not to ask how to do EVERYTHING but with my current team the way it is I need help... haha. Is defense important at Safeco. I feel I COULD get away with below average defense at safeco, but if I have good defense wouldn't that give me more plus plays and double plays? What are your thoughts on defense at this park?
1/20/2011 8:15 PM
I think defense is less important in  pitchers parks.  The only reason I would spend money on defense is if you're pitching is horrible.    Honestly, now that I think about it, you should probably go offense over defense.  It's very difficult to make defense worth the money in a salary cap league.
1/20/2011 9:07 PM
Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated, its hard to get started I assume because of the many HOF's in every league. Any advice is good to get. Maybe I'm going a little toooo pitcher heavy in a pitcher park but I will definitely lower my defenses and look for a little more offense. Except maybe Catcher. '08 Joss, '19 Babe Adams, and '11 Mathewson should be MORE than plenty good enough. Unless you think its not worth it to throw so much into pitching in a pitchers park in an $80 mil OL.
1/20/2011 11:13 PM
I agree with the "offense over defense" aspect, but a 30+ "plus play" centerfielder can be a differencemaker!!!!! 
1/22/2011 2:00 PM
Is pitching still very essential here? I usually put 45mil pitching 35mil hitting. Around those numbers. Should I put a little more into hitting since its a pitchers park, or does that not matter much?
1/24/2011 5:08 PM
I would spend more on hitting.
1/24/2011 7:30 PM
Safeco reduces the IP you need while masking run-prevention deficiencies.  Hit to overcome the park (your PA are depressed too) and overwhelm opponents on the road.

Disclaimer: I've never used Safeco.
1/24/2011 7:33 PM
◂ Prev 12
Offensive philosophy for Safeco Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.