ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2012 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I'd respond.

Depends on the time of the day.  Response to wylie:  8.5 hours.   Response to cresten:  2 hours.
so you're saying you like cresten more than you like me????  I'm hurt.
9/27/2012 12:54 PM
I've had 7 at once(one was as a replacement owner).     I'm comfortable with 5 but 4 really seems to be my "best" number.   With 5 I sometimes let minor league position player fatigue get away from me. 

I can't really answer that because I don't know how anyone would have enough free time to properly manage a dozen teams.  I have a lot and, obviously, I can't do half that many.  I assume SIMMY manages their minors but I still think they have to miss some things at the BL level. 

That's kind of like asking if I'd rather be punched in the jaw or the eye.  I won't like either of them very much.
9/27/2012 2:43 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/27/2012 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/27/2012 8:21:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I'd respond.

Depends on the time of the day.  Response to wylie:  8.5 hours.   Response to cresten:  2 hours.
so you're saying you like cresten more than you like me????  I'm hurt.

WHO THE HELL DOESN'T?

9/27/2012 6:04 PM

MrsCresten in all likelihood.

9/27/2012 7:16 PM
Mike, if you could make any three changes to HBD what would they be?
9/27/2012 7:59 PM
From "The Broken Things" in suggestion forum:

Top 3, IMO, that aren't user-related issues:

1.  Coach hiring.  Savvy owners don't spend 2m on a hitting/pitching/bench coach because they don't have to.  There are 50 of them at any given time of BL-quality.   This creates a disparity between experienced/inexperienced owners that needs to be addressed.   Keep the rehire process as it is but, once that's over, all unhired coaches go into a pool with no positional/level/salary demands.   Let the owners sort out the levels and positions.   Cap salaries at 4m per coach(players have a max so coaches can) and make FI the most sought after job.  That will prevent jerks like me from hiring all the decent FI as BC so no one else gets one. 

2.  Advance scouting.   Savvy owners don't really need it.    Again, this creates a disparity between those who know and those who don't.  Change ADV to show projections for players NOT on a BL roster.   This would include HS, college, IFA and free agents.    The higher the ADV, the more accurate the projection.    HS/College/IFA budgets will determine how many players you see but will not tell you the quality of them.    IFA demands will need to be standardized(100k is a good starting point) so owners with low ADV won't be tipped off as to their quality.   Players on rosters can have projections based on ADV as it stands now.

3.  Player development.  I'd say it's pretty standard for almost all players.   Owners can make a small difference in maximizing(or completely wreck them) development but a good owner develops players in a pretty standard manner.   Provide some diversity.   At least three different patterns.    Have some develop early and max out 2-3 seasons into their careers(18, 6, 1, 0, 0 OVR).  Have some develop slowly and be late bloomers(3, 2, 2, 10, 8).   And keep some the same(11, 7, 4, 2, 1).    The more patterns the better but we need more than one.   Savvy owners can look at a 2nd/3rd year player they're considering in trade and say "This is what he's going to be" with pretty high accuracy.
9/27/2012 8:10 PM
Given WIS's recent track record of following up on cust feedback, how likely is it that we'll even see one foe those great suggestions above?
(I really like all of them, but esp #3)
9/28/2012 1:43 AM
Thanks Mike!
9/28/2012 2:05 AM
Given their recent track record, there is a 5% chance that we'll see some movement on one of those.   FWIW, I priortized them on my list.

That is not a question.
9/28/2012 8:38 AM
No, when I go swimming, it's butt-naked.   FWIW, I obviously have no idea how big gators are.  If that one is 7 1/2 feet, the ones behind me must be 9.   And I always say "About 6 feet long".   I also doubt that's the one that ate her arm since they made no mention of finding a floating arm in the canal.
9/28/2012 3:59 PM
Do gators have some idea of how big you are? Would "bite-size" be an accurate description?
9/28/2012 4:17 PM
WOULDN'T A GREAT WHITE SHARK  HAVE TROUBLE CHOMPING ON MIKETITTY?
9/28/2012 4:21 PM

They know I'm bigger than my dogs as they will swim towards my dogs and away from me.    Of course, it could be the smell.   As for "bite-size", I've only seen one back there that could do that.  His head was the size of a small car.  He did not swim away from me.

YES!!!!  IN PART BECAUSE HE HASN'T BEEN IN THE OCEAN IN YEARS!!!!!  MISTAKEN FOR A BLUE WHALE LAST TIME AT THE BEACH!!!

9/28/2012 4:25 PM

Getting ready for Game 6 of the NLCS and setting up pitcher for game 7 because I know the engine hates me in the playoffs so I am doomed to lose, depsite being up 3-2 at this time.  Who do you start for game 7, a 100% rested Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tomas Guerrero or the young CY candidate Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jim Lambert who will be at 95%?

10/1/2012 11:58 AM
◂ Prev 1...661|662|663|664|665...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.