ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

The OAV of .265 looks about right for his ratings.  But his HRA rate is too high for his GB rating.   Not sure if you're in a homer happy world or if it's just a statistical anomaly.  If that gets straightened out, he'll pitch to his ratings.
11/5/2012 8:31 AM
Posted by sergei91 on 11/5/2012 8:31:00 AM (view original):
is there a place to see a team's injury history list from the current season? or is it just a matter of 'you gotta keep your emails'.
did you miss this from yesterday?
11/6/2012 7:10 AM
2 questions

1) Most telling stat for a pitcher?  WHIP or ERA?  or something else?

2)   Due to injuries, the best player I have available is Nick Bradley.  Do you think I am better off finding a player with speed or a player with defense, or can you give me an example of another type of player I should perhaps be looking for?

11/6/2012 7:50 AM
Should I punch myself for getting sucked into jtpsops' swirling vortex of moronicness?
11/6/2012 8:31 AM
When you're bidding on an IFA, should I consider "this guy in the draft would only cost me X million but as an IFA hes going for 15+ million"  ?  Or should I not be comparing them like that and just bid high on the best ones?
11/6/2012 8:46 AM

Yes.  News, league transactions.  Assuming you put them on the DL.

1. If I had to choose one, I'd go with WHIP.  I use both.  You'll often find, when WHIP/ERA don't seem to sync up, that HRA is the reason. 
2. Bradley is a replacement level type that can play anywhere on the corners.  What you should seek depends on the construction of your team.  Bradley won't kill you.

Probably but it happens to all of us.

No.  That's not how IFA works.   Bidding wars force their prices way higher than you'd pay for a similar draft pick where you're the only bidder.

11/6/2012 9:17 AM
did you vote for the eventual winner for prez yesterday?
11/7/2012 8:09 AM
A couple questions

Is this guy good enough to be a Setup A on a contender?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Erick Brow

Is this guy good enough to lead off for a contender?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Eddie Killefer
11/7/2012 8:30 AM
No but I did better in the other elections.

Brow can be a pitcher on a contender.  I'd probably set him at 10/15 PC so he will be available often enough to matter.
I'd want a better leadoff hitter than Killefer.  He's BL player but he doesn't do anything spectacular nor can he steal.   I'd rather have him hitting 6th-7th.
11/7/2012 8:41 AM
Hmm, I worried that about Killefer. My team isn't real "big" on OBP (or speed). Tons of power though :)

The only other guy I have that I'd consider as an "on base" guy is

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Norberto Ordaz

But he can't play every day and also can't run. Those are my real options for leading off.
11/7/2012 8:49 AM

That wasn't formed as a question but I'd use him.  His career OBP is much better and his eye is better so I think he'd be a better option.  I've used C at lead-off so speed isn't a must-have in my book.

11/7/2012 9:55 AM
SHOULD I BE ASHAMED THAT I GOT ME ARSE KICKED BY A HURRICANE NAMED SANDY?
11/7/2012 1:56 PM
IF YE ARE STILL LIVING UNDER AN OVERPASS IN VEGAS, YES!
11/7/2012 2:36 PM
HOW BOUT A SHANTY ON THE SOUTH SHORE OF THE THE GREAT SOUTH BAY IN BLUE POINT, NY?
11/7/2012 2:40 PM

NAY! YE SHALT NOT BE ASHAMED!!!  I BET IT TO YE A YEAR TO WALK FROM VEGAS TO JOISEY!!!

11/7/2012 2:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...676|677|678|679|680...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.