ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Are the HBD owners who allow their minors to be severely fatigued putting their prospects at risk? Is it really that difficult to manage fatigue, especially in the minors?
7/13/2013 7:21 AM
If they allow their legit prospects to be injured.  But some owners rest their real prospects and let their try out camp guys fatigue their ***** off(I'm one of them).  No, it's not that difficult.
7/13/2013 9:49 AM
What can I realistically expect in return for Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Benji Wood at the trade deadline? He is in last year of contract and will be Type A free agent.
7/13/2013 12:46 PM
Are you actually easye and you have been talking to yourself for the last 4 pages?
7/13/2013 5:06 PM
That's always difficult to say as it only takes one team to overpay.  What a team is getting is 150 AB and a couple of comp picks.  That could be a 35-45ish and 5th rounder.   I'd give you one legit prospect, not a superstud, and throw in a BL player if you wanted one.  That's assuming, of course, that he won't re-sign.

Only I, I mean we, know.

7/14/2013 8:24 AM
Reaction to the George Zimmerman verdict?
7/14/2013 8:37 AM
Justice served.  The Sanford police department made the right call in not arresting him and the media/race-baiters forced this case on America.  Unfortunately, GZ is probably going to make a lot of money off this when he should never be heard from again.
7/14/2013 8:41 AM
Not that I was asked, but Wood is like subtraction: he's a real difference maker. I'd give up more than MikeT and more than I should for him.

I have a dynasty that is starting to decline. Should I:

A. Trade the studs while they still have some value and try to reload.

B. Acquire older, therefore underpriced for their productivity, vets and double down on winning now. This will eventually make me the worst of all world (terrible, prospectless, and expensive) but will extend my window.

So far I have followed plan B and I am happy with it (only one of my 8 best players under 31 and most are 33-36, but we are 48-24), but I'd love your thoughts on when, if ever, to switch to plan A?

I feel like HBD owners worship youth going the other way makes sense. Do you think there is a moneyballish market issue when it comes to players 32 and older?

7/14/2013 7:01 PM
I was wondering the same thing with my team. I have some older peices and everyone wants some of my younger guys, so would it be wise to try the market and then unload a year or two from now for prospects?
7/14/2013 9:09 PM
Is Chris Davis on performance enhancing drugs?
7/15/2013 8:22 AM
The Phillies are 5.5 GB of the 2nd wildcard spot in the NL. Do they have a chance of making the playoffs?
7/15/2013 8:36 AM
I usually choose option B.   If you can extend your window by a season or two, you have time to start a low level rebuild without the losing.  Losing sucks. 
Yes, I often acquire 33-34 y/o late in FA on 1-2 year deals to extend my window. 

You get less in prospects for older players.   If you can replace a 31 y/o with a similar quality 33 y/o, trade the 31.

I don't think so.   I won't be surprised if he falls off in the 2nd half.

None.  Too old and no one coming to the rescue(like I think the Yanks have).
7/15/2013 10:10 AM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Adam Rigdon 

What would be your prediction on how he does versus righties? He hit .278 against them last season, can I expect similar? With the 37 vR I was wondering if he was even worth playing or if I should platoon him.
7/15/2013 11:31 AM
Those high power/eye guys always outperform their splits.    With the 50 contact, I don't think .260-.270 is out of the question.
7/15/2013 12:46 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jonathan Munson

I'm in Colorado and have this gopher baller in my minors.  Started the season in AA and promoted to AAA a while back.  I have him penciled in for a call-up after the 25 games next season. 

The question is how disastrous would that 34 Sink be in Coors Field?  I definitely need young SP, but maybe I'd be better off trading him to a team in a pitcher's park while his value is pretty high.
7/15/2013 2:52 PM
◂ Prev 1...740|741|742|743|744...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.