ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

cept for prince william?
7/23/2013 9:58 AM
He probably doesn't care all that much either.
7/23/2013 10:07 AM
Presidential Election 2016: Who will be the nominee for each party? Is Hillary the prohibitive favorite? Will Biden run? Who will the republicans put up?
7/23/2013 11:20 AM
I think Hillary will be the Dem nom.   Biden shouldn't bother.   I don't know if he's the best candidate but Rand Paul has been positioning himself for a run in 2016.  IMO, he's the most likely to be able to take down Hillary.   He moves close enough to the middle to get some indie votes.
7/23/2013 11:27 AM
Does this player's arm keep him out of CF, considering his range and glove are also below standard? Does his offense vR make up for it?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Graham Keough
7/23/2013 3:19 PM
Do I move Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Dennys Simon for Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Charles Stein? I need to get younger and Stein provides flexibility defensively. Simon is not that old though (31) and has a decent bat. What do you suggest as my mentor?
7/23/2013 3:23 PM
I see you won another title?  Do you **** Championships?
7/23/2013 3:25 PM
As always, it's what you can tolerate with defense.   I wouldn't sweat his arm as much as I would his range/glove.  Lots on negs/errors coming.  But he should hit.   That said, he's probably a GG LF and I think he can carry a LF bat. 

Neither thrill me.   Stein is a 2B/3B but really doesn't hit it.   Simon is a COF but I don't think his bat carries his glove.

About 2 months ago.   One every 24 seasons probably doens't quality as shitting titles.
7/23/2013 3:50 PM
7/23/2013 4:18 PM
Regarding pitcher roles and substitution logic - my relief pitchers all have one deficient rating or another.  Awhile ago I tried setting them to all either LHS or RHS with high pull ratings and seeing if the sim would sort it out and keep them from getting into bad situations.  All it seems to do is keep them from entering the game.  Most importantly, when I have no SuA or SuB designated, Simmy seems to put my LRs into that spot instead. 

I have figured out most of the other roles but is there any practical use or right way to use LHS and RHS?

7/23/2013 4:49 PM

His pitches might develop but, from what I see, I don't think he's going to be special.  I don't use closers but I prefer my short RP to look more like Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: George Ford or Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Earl Willis.   I don't think Snider will get a pitch in the 80s let alone two.

7/23/2013 4:50 PM
I've had some luck with RHS but LHS never pitched.   I think you pretty much nailed it when you said it prevens them from getting into the game if you have SU pitchers.
7/23/2013 4:52 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/23/2013 4:50:00 PM (view original):

His pitches might develop but, from what I see, I don't think he's going to be special.  I don't use closers but I prefer my short RP to look more like Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: George Ford or Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Earl Willis.   I don't think Snider will get a pitch in the 80s let alone two.

Are pitches more important than splits?
7/23/2013 5:00 PM
Not necessarily.  His splits/control should be in the 80s.   But his P1 might get to 76-77 and his P2 isn't likely to hit 70.   That's just not good enough for an elite pitcher.
7/23/2013 5:03 PM
Projections for pitches are 79, 70, 52. Control: 80., Splits: 85 vL and 91 vR. Does this change your opinion?

7/23/2013 7:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...745|746|747|748|749...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.