ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Player A has defensive ratings of 85-74-49-64
Player B has defensive ratings of 90-87-79-76

I need one to play CF and one to play 2B. Who would you play where?

Do you prefer a stronger defensive player at 2B or CF?

And I'm curious to your reasoning behind it as I've flip flopped both ways.

4/8/2014 6:56 PM
I've flipped a few times myself.  I currently in the "higher range" plays CF mode.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Robin Petersen changed my mind and Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Willie Delgado is reconfirming.    So I'd start with player A at 2B and, if I wasn't getting the results I was expecting from either, I'd flip them and see if I liked that better.
4/8/2014 8:01 PM
did the ultimate warrior do too many roids?
4/10/2014 7:38 AM

I guess it depends on your definition of "too many" and how long you want to live.

4/10/2014 8:48 AM
Given that you are on a path to this fate given your obvious abuse of HGH and steroids, have you made contingency plans for who's running your leagues after you have your massive coronary?
4/10/2014 1:12 PM
Sytropin and AntlerX are legal supplements with no side effects.   I expect to live forever.
4/10/2014 1:14 PM
So there's a nice looking 22 year old RP that popped up in IFA. I have 14 int scouting... So how much weight can I put into the projections ratings given his age and scouting? I'm debating on how much I should spend
4/10/2014 5:07 PM
If he's not close to BL level, I wouldn't put much money into it.   22 y/o IFA don't seem to progress a great deal.
4/10/2014 5:15 PM
Will  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Howard Nichting commit 60 errors for the season? With + ratings in all other attributes, is a -5 glove still unacceptable? If you did tradeoff, which do you trade -- Range or Glove?
4/11/2014 10:23 PM

No, 80 glove isn't the worst thing ever.    He'll kick plenty but, in order get near 60, he'd have to have a glove/arm accuracy average near 75 or maybe even worse.  Range/arm strength produce the +/- plays while the glove/arm accuracy produce the errors.   If I'm playing games with SS defense(I don't), I'd take the trade-off if + plays = errors/- plays.  IMO, SS isn't the position to screw around with D.

4/11/2014 10:41 PM
I have a handful of good prospects id like to bring up at roster expansion. But I'm 11 games out of a playoff spot. Would you promote them to the majors have them on your team next season? Or hold them in aaa for 22 games of the following season to save an arb year?
4/15/2014 7:26 PM
And this team.. damn

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Chicago Black Sox Franchise Profile

Where did they go wrong?  Hitting could improve Im sure, but the fielding and pitching looks better than a team 10 games under .500... which truthfully doesnt show how poorly theyve truly been.  What do I need to change??

4/15/2014 8:33 PM
If I expect to compete for a playoff spot, I'm not holding a position player back for 20 games.   I might do it with a pitcher because of all the off days but not a position player.

Your hitting is pretty weak and your pitching appears to be underperforming.   I'd try to add a couple of power bats.
4/16/2014 10:09 AM
FIP has been added to baseball reference player pages.  How much does this anger you?
4/17/2014 9:22 AM
I wouldn't say it angers me but it's a dumb stat.   A few days/weeks ago, I saw the talking heads(I think it was Mitch Williams and Dan Plesac) on the MLB Network talking about it and thought "Oh, for ****'s sake."
4/17/2014 9:28 AM
◂ Prev 1...802|803|804|805|806...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.