ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

The NBA's disposition of the Donald Sterling issue today: good, sincere job, or just bowing to public pressure with a ginormous PR stunt?
4/29/2014 10:20 PM
I have a team that had some success that went and got old on me. However, I'm in a division with 3 teams that will likely win 75 games at the most and probably more like 70. I could slowly rebuild for the next two seasons and bank two more division titles but would have a 5ish% of winning the WS. The rebuild would be slow, but at least I'd be in the playoffs. Conversely I could embrace the suck, rebuild much quicker because some of my guys still have value and he ready to compete for WS in a few seasons. Trouble is I'd be really bad for a season, maybe two.

I guess what I am really asking is are you a pull the bandage off slowly or quickly kind of guy?
4/30/2014 2:28 AM

Sure.

Sterling has been a "problem" for a long time.  In this case, sponsors were pulling away.  I doubt the other owners care very much what Sterling thinks until it starts hitting them in the wallet.   So I think it's a bit of both.   They(the owners who the commish works for) sincerely wanted something done before he got into their money and this soothed the public outrage.

I hold onto players a season or two too long to make that "one last run" as I think anything can happen once you're in the playoffs. 

4/30/2014 7:11 AM
Thanks. Oh sorry. Thanks?
4/30/2014 9:02 AM
I guess.
4/30/2014 9:31 AM
Are you aware that bad_luck has only been on the site since SEP of 2012 and already has 6533 posts?

He apparently played one season of some dynasty game and went 7-6, then decided "I don't care for the products on this site but I REALLY enjoy arguing leftist positions in the forums".

In just under 20 months he's 1/5 of the way to your total posts of more than 11 years. IOW if you extrapolate his post rate to 11 years he'd be approaching 45K posts or about a 50% increase over your post rate.

Any idea why someone who obviously doesn't have an interest in the products frequents this site so much? Alias for the sole purpose of debating?
5/2/2014 9:07 AM
Very aware.  From another thread:

Quote post by MikeT23 on 4/2/2014 8:31:00 AM:
Posted by bad_luck on 4/1/2014 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/1/2014 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Just trying to figure out what you're getting from this.    Tell us.
Entertainment. What do you get from this?

Honestly, I'm not sure.   As a general rule, I simply block users when the exchange always devolves to "You're an idiot", "No, you're an idiot."   Seems like a massive waste of time.  It's like 2nd grade recess.  And, quite honestly, I like to think I've matured beyond that stage.  Beating on you yesterday, asking "What's your prize?" over and over again, made me realize that I haven't.   But I stumbled onto something.   My theory that you just shrivel up and die if you have no one to argue with for pages on end.   You don't play the games so the only reason bad_luck was created was to argue.   So, because I'm sure I'd get sucked into another 50 pages of "How stupid are you?", "Not as stupid as you", I've decided to block you.    As of this post, you've been averaging about 350 posts per month since you arrived.  Without me, let's see if you can maintain that pace.   Post count: 6432.   I'll check you again in a month or two.

5/2/2014 9:30 AM
Picked up a C on waivers, just for a defensive replacement on one of my minor league teams. Player had - and still has - 0 energy because his previous owner was one of these lazy dicks who refuses to fill out minor league teams, so he was being used as an RP. Been a few games now, I've checked my settings and Simmy is not putting him in as a defensive replacement. Player is not injured. Does Simmy just not use him because he's at 0? Do I have to Inactivate him to rehab him?

5/3/2014 2:03 PM

If you want him to play, change your auto-rest settings to N/A.    Not playing is the same as inactive.

5/3/2014 4:11 PM
any input on this guy? Am I missing something?  I figure with those ratings and pitching in one of the most extreme pitching parks that he would be much better than 14-26 with 4+ ERA over 320+ innings (1 1/2 seasons).  
5/4/2014 9:56 AM
He's giving up a crazy amount of homers for his ratings.   Just bad luck.
5/4/2014 11:23 AM
i thought the same thing at first, but then realized how many innings that bad luck has been, is 300+ innings still bad luck, or is he that pitcher now?
5/4/2014 9:20 PM
Reminds me of Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matt Christensen.   I lowered his PC and moved to a pitcher friendly park.   He's pitching more like I expect now.  So PC could play a part.
5/5/2014 6:45 AM
If you were stranded on a deserted island, no way to communicate with the outside world, and only had one book to read, wouldn't that be a win for the rest of us?
5/7/2014 12:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...805|806|807|808|809...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.