ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

To be honest, I've not fully figured it out.   Seems hit and miss.   I got http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/CoachProfile.aspx?cid=506198 in Mantle this season.  But I've also gotten horrible guys.   I think the BL coaches are assigned first, most of the time, thus dropping the leftovers to AAA.   But, in the case of the horrible PC I've gotten, it seems they were the AA leftovers.   As I said, it's a gamble.  That's why I'd hedge my bet by moving my best to AA before coach hiring ends.

Same world and these HAD to be assigned:
Alan Norton 33 Phat Pharm AAA Pitching Coach $240K 7 41 6 10 14 35 93 65
Adrian James 33 Karate Kids AAA Pitching Coach $240K 30 40 49 50 0 70 32 57
6/20/2014 8:37 PM (edited)
can you bump a service time post for me? one of the ones about 7 days + 2 cycles after opening day or whatever it is? pls and ty-  ps i did try searching for 15-20 minutes before finally giving up :(
6/21/2014 2:07 AM (edited)
Done.  FWIW, I generally despise this strategy.   A player misses 1/8th of a season.   If you're trying to win this season, that's a lot of missed games.  If you're not trying to win, may as well leave him in AAA.
6/21/2014 6:54 AM
Thought I would report back on the results of the coaching situation, in case this can be of use to anyone else.

It looked like there were a few too many teams for my liking playing coach roulette. Didn't like the chances, so I signed the last available AAA PC, who is similar to my AA PC. This way I don't have to demote my prospects.

In the final cycle, there were three teams assigned ML PCs. They made out alright, getting low end big league coaches.

Three teams needed AAA PCs. They did not fare so well, they got low end AAA PCs. None of the ML coaches dropped down.

Because one of the teams' owners hasn't checked in for over a week, he missed coach hiring and all his franchise's coaches were assigned. So I was able to check the most important point - every coach in our world who was assigned appears to have been one who coached in past seasons, but were not under contract last season. It looks like the sim attempts to replenish the coach pool by bringing the unemployed guys back into it.

Is this a total surprise to you, or can it be explained just by the fact that our world's coaching pool is somewhat depleted at this time?

6/21/2014 8:38 PM
Since my AAA PC in Mantle was employed last season and assigned to me, I'm not sure I buy your "the sim attempts to replenish the coach pool by bringing the unemployed guys back into it" theory.   But it is reasonable.
6/22/2014 7:19 AM
who should the Yankees try to get at the trading deadline?

are the Giants as good as they were early in the season, or as bad as they are lately? Or somewhere in between?
6/24/2014 8:04 PM
They need a bat.  I don't know who is looking to move one but they need to find it.

I'm not sold on the Giants either way.   Probably somewhere in between.
6/24/2014 8:18 PM
So far with  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Esteban Lee Im about to blow my brains out.  Or is it SSS?  Please say SSS....
6/25/2014 9:51 PM

I'd expect him to add .100 to his OPS.   Assuming he doesn't bat against LH all that much.

6/25/2014 10:23 PM
I'm offering a contract to an international, and I'm told that I don't have enough money in player payroll in a future season to offer.  It appears I do - and when lowering the amount by just a little, it accepts the offer.  What am I missing?
6/26/2014 9:15 AM
The situation you detail seems to explain itself but I know you can do math.   I can see you have plenty of cap space for the current season but can't see the future commitments.  I assume you're offering a BL deal in a future season(327k, I guess).   So, if you're doing the math correctly, it sounds like a bug. 
6/26/2014 9:31 AM
Why do I find "No Quitters - needs 5" so funny?
6/26/2014 1:39 PM
Morbid sense of humor.   5 of their owners died in a plane crash on the way to the winter meetings.
6/26/2014 1:47 PM
does a no hitter against the Padres count? What if you do it twice in less than a year?
6/26/2014 7:44 PM

One counts, the other is like beating up a 5 y/o.   You win but nothing to talk about.

6/26/2014 8:28 PM
◂ Prev 1...816|817|818|819|820...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.