ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

does this guy belong in hemajors? If so, what role and what would you expect from him?
http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6594241
6/27/2014 1:21 AM
My initial thought was that he reminded me of Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Rafael Arias.   But he's better.   Arias is pretty much a league average pitcher.    Your guy should be at least a 2.
6/27/2014 8:03 AM
Brain fart moment. Are you provided time to sign your own departing free agents after rollover? I woil like to guage their decline before commiting and also im somewhat strapped in cap room for the next year.
6/27/2014 8:53 PM
Yes, you have a 24 hour period to re-sign FA.   I've yet to see a FA who would accept an offer before rollover refuse after rollover.   But I assume it is a possibility.
6/28/2014 6:41 AM
Had this been around when you were a kid, would your parents have gotten one for you?

6/28/2014 9:52 PM

Velcro couldn't have stopped me.

6/29/2014 7:02 AM
which do you think would be a net better for the team, playing  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kevin Martin at SS with  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Soto at 3B (two elite defenders and 1 great hitter) or playing  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Felipe Soto at SS and  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Norm Smith at 3B (one elite defender but not as good, and two great hitters)??  intersted in a varying opinion, I've been going with the first option.
6/29/2014 8:09 PM

I short my Dur/Stm with pitching so I never come low with my SS fielding ratings.  But it's always a balancing act.   If you're lacking offense, you almost have to look for a way to bolster your scoring.  But, if the rest of your team can hit, an all D SS can bat 8th/9th and save your pitching.   So, knowing how I build teams, Martin plays SS.  That may not work for you.

6/29/2014 8:25 PM
So the high power/high batting eye/ low splits guy finds some success in this game.  But would  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Herm Long be a sneaky good ML hitter with his fairly high VsR?  Or just an inconsistent  hack?  I cant remember ever seeing a guy with those splits.
7/1/2014 7:28 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kiki Romero  I let him walk when he wanted more than 2.5m as I felt he was an inconsistent hack.   I replaced him with Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Joe Simas on the cheap.
7/1/2014 9:31 PM
does samardjia have a reason to throw the all star game?  home team in the world series determination?
7/7/2014 10:13 AM
I don't think anyone can throw a game with 1 IP.
7/7/2014 10:34 AM
If you built a very good team around two stud position players who are aging (thirty), would you ride them until they had no talent left hoping for a couple WS? Or trade them to prepare and speed up the inevitable rebuild?
7/7/2014 7:31 PM
I tend to hold onto players in hopes of WS glory.   The "inevitable rebuild" can wait.    Sort of fits with my "Why the hell would you hold a difference-maker back 20 games to save him for a season you probably won't see" theory.
7/8/2014 8:02 AM
Just had a position player show up in my prospect pool with 19 Durability. Projects to 31. Never seen this before, what kind of usage can you get from him? Will he get injured even with a good Health rating? Will his performance be poor unless he's at 100%?
7/8/2014 3:53 PM
◂ Prev 1...817|818|819|820|821...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.