ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Juan Ferrer at 38 is the lowest I've used.   Got over 360 PA from him one season at 100%.    I know I've had lower in the minors but only used them as call-ups.   Your guy will probably fall in mid 20s.   I can't imagine more than 200 PA from him.
7/8/2014 4:10 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Renyel Montero why has he sucked? My only two conclusions are SSS and/or lack of a fourth pitch as a starter. Is he doomed as a great long reliever/possible closer?
7/9/2014 1:59 AM
Could be both.  I've found that 3 pitch SP are very inconsistent. 
7/9/2014 6:37 AM
I took over a team this season, and they're not very good. Thing is, the rest of the division isn't either, and I'm only 4 games back almost halfway through the season:

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=82

Am I stupid for trying to compete for a division title with this team? Should I consider trading some talent from the meager farm system for a competent starting pitcher? Or should I address another need first?
7/9/2014 11:35 AM
If I've got a chance to get in the playoffs, I want to be in the playoffs.   82 win team just won the WS in Coop.   And I've seen lesser teams win.   I'd have to evaluate your entire league to tell you exactly what you need but your offense looks OK, your pitching/defense looks to need an upgrade based on the stats you've produced thru 75 games.
7/9/2014 12:41 PM
I saw you replied to sexyrexy in another post.  Top 1% user id don't you think?

Is there meaningless part of HBD that's logic engine works as the player of the game?  There are a lot variables there and yet I almost never disagree.

Should manager records be kept?  (most wins, most WS titles, etc.) within each world?  Seems like an easy task since most of the work is already done.
7/9/2014 5:36 PM
Decent ID.

Sometimes the player of the game will have 0-4 with 2 errors and a negative play.    Seems like he's the POTG for the other team.

Would seem easy enough.   You can find it by clicking each manager but that's tiresome at times.
7/9/2014 6:01 PM
What is the ugliest looking player mugshot you've ever seen?
7/11/2014 12:23 AM
Mike

I am new to HBD and was just looking for your input on something. I took over a team that is very good. The hitting is young, pitching is aging. The team won 100 games last season, and the salary cap is high...as you can expect with veterans... I know  my top scouting will be 14 max, scouting medical, etc.  as I am new and in my first season. Anyway my question is what to do with the aging staff.  They look like they can be playoff bound, but when is a good time to start getting younger pitchers in. The minors are not that loaded with young pitchers.   Thanks in advance Mike!

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=1121
7/11/2014 7:21 AM (edited)
Not sure I consider animated faces ugly.   I do like the toothless guys.   Just seems like they should all come from Georgia though.

The good news is that pitchers hold their value longer.   The bad news is, with 14m in training, you're going to see some decline in the 35+ guys.    37-38 are going to decline with 20m.   Those two might be somewhat useless after this season at 14m.   You'll be able to get 1-3 years from the 35-36 pitchers.   So, basically, you've got a window to plan for the future.  I'd try to supplement my staff with 31-32 y/o FA either this year or next. 

7/11/2014 9:33 AM

IMO, you're going to have to replace the two oldest pitchers next season.  If you had 20m in training, maybe you could squeeze another season from them.   So, IMO, you need a plan for next season to replace them.   If you get a decent pitcher via draft/IFA this season, he'll be ready to replace the 36 y/o in a couple of seasons.  If you sign a 31 y/o FA this season, you'll be 20m before his decline starts.   And he'll hold his value for the full 5 seasons.  But, yeah, replacing 1-2 guys at a time instead of 5-6 is so much easier.   I generally plan my teams 3 seasons at a time.  If I'm in S31, I want to know what I'll need after S33.  That way I have S31-S33 to figure it out. 

7/11/2014 10:13 AM
What do you charge for the advice Mike?   
7/11/2014 12:54 PM (edited)
That is not a question.
7/11/2014 10:34 AM
if this guy: http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6383362 comes close to his projections can he overcome his mediocre VsL and VsR with his great eye and contact? Can he be a decent hitter in the majors? I Know he has no position.
7/11/2014 5:54 PM

I can't see his projections.   Nonetheless, great contact/eye with low power/splits can be useful if he can play D and steal bases.   He can't do either.   I wouldn't think of him as a BL contributor.

7/11/2014 6:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...818|819|820|821|822...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.