ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

WHEN IS YER BIRTHDAY?
7/2/2013 12:16 PM
Feb.  You missed it, you dumb bastard.
7/2/2013 12:23 PM
If your teams SB% is 78% and you are 3rd in the league in SB's do you A) increase aggressivness. B) decrease aggressivness or C) stay the same?
7/2/2013 1:58 PM
My cut-off point is between 70-75%.   I'd probably jack it up but keep an eye on it.   If it drops back down into my range, I'd switch it back.
7/2/2013 2:19 PM
It was my birthday yesterday, did you want to wish me a happy birthday?
7/3/2013 8:12 AM
Happy belated birthday.
7/3/2013 8:13 AM
How important is it to build your team around the ballpark factors? Both of my parks happen to be extreme - Montreal and Burlington. Conventional wisdom would be to build a good lineup in one and a great staff in the other but it is not working. My home records are OK but my road record sucks. Do you have any suggestions?
7/3/2013 8:13 AM
Posted by usfbully on 7/1/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
Seth Jones, the #1 rated player in the NHL draft fell to #4. Do you think he goes #1 if he wasn't a black guy playing hockey?
Is he really Black if he is mixed race? Doesn't the fact that he is a defenseman play into it more? Teams want scoring nowadays, don't they?
7/3/2013 8:15 AM
I don't really play in extreme parks but I build the best team possible with my front 20-22.   The last 3-5 spots may be determined with the ballpark factor as a tie-breaker.    If I was in an extreme hitter's park, I'd certainly put a lot of weight into GB for pitchers.   In an extreme pitcher's park, I'd want speed on the basepaths and a catcher with a good arm.

I assume one can claim whatever heritage they want to claim.   Our Prez is considered black although I think I'm blacker than him.   I don't follow hookey, eh but I imagine that position plays a role just like in every other sport.   Teams want to put ***** in seats so scoring/fighting seem to be good draws. 
7/3/2013 8:24 AM
Could it be that his parents named him Seth?
7/3/2013 10:24 AM
That can't be a plus. 
7/3/2013 10:29 AM
I have a few under-performing HBD'ers. Should I waive them or release them in order for the other club to pick up the remaining salary?
7/3/2013 11:52 AM
I was copied on an email this morning that an offshore (i.e. India) person sent to a domestic person, asking him to look into a problem.  I politely responded that they might want to find another person to direct their request to, since the person they sent it to passed away around three months ago.

I saw a subsequent email sent to somebody else asking who to direct their request to since the person they had been trying to contact "had left the organization".

Gross insensitivity, or cultural misunderstanding?
7/3/2013 12:22 PM
Releasing players is stupid.    If they're underperforming and you think you have decent replacements in place, you can waive them. 

Meh.  I wouldn't start an email with "Good afternoon.  I've been informed that Jimmy Technerd has passed away.    Here's my problem.....can you help me?"   First, the new contact may have been extremely close or a bitter enemy to JT.  You don't want to get into that.   Second, I personally have trouble offering condolensces to people I don't know for people I didn't know.   I don't want to get into that.   I'd have probably started with "Good afternoon.  I've informed that you are my new contact in the states......."
7/3/2013 12:36 PM
Can you give me a karma ruling?

If you remember my stand about donating to natural disasters (and the resulting fire lit under my *** in the Oklahoma tornado thread); I just got implied pressure as being part of management in a large insurance company to donate to the flood relief for Calgary, Cost me $20.
7/5/2013 10:10 AM
◂ Prev 1...735|736|737|738|739...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.