ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Huge loss to the entire world.   If that were to happen, I'd recommend a giant cyanide tablet for everyone to chew on.
5/7/2014 1:12 PM
Stupid arb question: if I don't want to sign a guy through arbitration or a long-term contract, what are my options as far as dumping him and not being on the hook for any of his salary? 
5/7/2014 6:28 PM
Release him before arb and it costs you nothing.
5/7/2014 8:19 PM
Who will the Raiders draft in the first round tonight?
5/8/2014 11:44 AM
Just a few days ago, I thought Mack.

Tex-Clowney
STL-Robinson
Jax-Watkins
Cle-QB(wasn't sure if it would be Bortles/Manziel)

But the breaking news is they're taking Evans.   Pretty sure he'll be there at 5. 
5/8/2014 12:06 PM
what will jeter's season totals look like? hits/homers/rbi/sb
5/8/2014 12:48 PM

I'm guessing he gets into about 120 games.   125 hits, 7 homers, 40 RBI, 3 SB.

5/8/2014 12:59 PM
Should the Raiders go WR when they really need OL ? I would prefer Robinson. Is there a chance they trade down?
5/8/2014 3:30 PM (edited)
I don't think Robinson will be there at 5(unless STL trades out or picks Matthews instead).   The Raiders need a lot and I don't think anyone is chomping at the bit to trade up once Clowney/Watkins are off the board.    Evans is a beast but I wouldn't mind Bortles if they don't think Carr will be there in the 2nd round.  Since Schaub is there, and there's no playoff this season, having one of those guys sit and learn for a season wouldn't be the worst thing.    I don't see next season's group of QB being much different than this group.   Winston, Hundley, Mariotta feel like Manziel, Bortles, Bridgewater to me.  And, without a QB, you can't really begin to build the rest of the team.   There just aren't going to be many Wilson, Rapelisberger, Dilfer SB winners where the QB's job is to not screw up what everyone else is doing.  
5/8/2014 3:37 PM
Based on your draft board above, Mack is still available at #5. Don't you HAVE to take him if he is still there? Also, do you really believe Jacksonville goes WR - they really need Mack, no?
5/8/2014 4:10 PM
There is a lot of internet chatter that the Texans are moving the #1 pick. Which team is the most likely to trade for the first overall selection? Atlanta?
5/8/2014 4:13 PM
I could see Evans over Mack at 5.    Mack disappeared in games against nobodies.   One could question his focus.   Of course, I didn't see many of his games but I saw a lot of Evans' games.    He's still learning to play football and he just dominates DBs.   One could argue some of his catches are why people know Manziel.  He'd heave 'em up and Evans would pull 'em down.    Justin Blackmon is no longer in Jax(or suspended or something).  They need some offense to at least get people to games.   One could argue that Watkins should go #2.   Fantastic freshman year, troubled 2nd year(drug charges) and great junior season.   He might believe the hype, Clowney-like, but, from all accounts, he's a good kid(as is Clowney).    I think Mack might fall with the QBs if OAK/ATL pass on him. 
5/8/2014 4:16 PM
From what I've heard, ATL really wants Clowney.   But I've heard HOU wants two #1 picks.   That would be a 6 and whatever ATL ends up with next year.  If ATL believes Clowney is the piece that moves them for 6th worst to top 10 best(a 23-24 pick), maybe it's worth it.   I don't see it. 
5/8/2014 4:18 PM
Do you like the Mack pick at #5?

Do you think the Raiders have a shot at landing QB Carr in Round 2? If not, what about USC WR Marquis Lee or Alabama OT Cyrus Kouandjio?

All three positions are needs for the team and would help the Silver & Black, would they not?

5/9/2014 12:21 AM
No.   "Raw and upside" are not words I like to hear at 5.

Jax, Cle and STL shouldn't be taking a QB.   Hoping the failure of David Carr keeps HOU away.   I'd love to see Carr in a Raiders uni with a 2nd rounder. 

I wouldn't complain about either of those guys in the 2nd round.
5/9/2014 6:56 AM
◂ Prev 1...806|807|808|809|810...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.