ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

were you running around in only your costa rica shirt?
6/17/2014 11:50 PM
No.   I was wearing a Costa Rica condom also.
6/18/2014 8:40 AM
If more than 90% of Native Americans don't find the term "Redskins" offensive, and the vast majority of Americans don't care, do the Redskins have an obligation to appease the small minority that does find the term offensive? Or continue their stance of "shut the hell up, we're not racist"?
6/18/2014 10:51 AM
In today's world, you can't offend anyone.   I don't know that they have an "obligation" but, at some point, they'll be forced to do it.  People looking for a "cause" will eventually choose that one.
6/18/2014 11:01 AM
If you were going to promote this player, what position would you play him at in the majors?  I was thinking LF since I have an opening there.
6/18/2014 3:38 PM
He could play anywhere but SS/CF.   He'd probably make more errors than you'd like at 2B but he wouldn't be the worst. 
6/18/2014 3:41 PM
Do you agree with WIS that players should take a demotion penalty to hit when they are claimed off of waivers by another team?
6/19/2014 2:10 PM
That's kind of complicated.   I assume you mean claimed and put at the same level.   If so, no, I don't.  I know sometimes a claim causes a ratings hit.  I'm not sure it's directly related to the claim.   Sometimes it's just a natural decline.   However, when it's a 24 y/o player, it seems like something is "buggy" if you put him right back on a BL roster.   That said, if you claim a BL player and send him to AAA(meaning he had options and was actually designated), it seems right.   It could be a colusive move and we can't have that.
6/19/2014 2:28 PM

Have you tried the new Oscar Mayer anus wieners yet?

6/20/2014 12:07 PM
They don't sell them around here.  Must be an area specific delicacy.
6/20/2014 1:08 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/16/2014 10:33:00 AM (view original):
I've been running around in my Costa Rica shirt ever since the match ended.
Are you still running?
6/20/2014 2:53 PM
In nothing but my CR condom now.
6/20/2014 3:08 PM
Minor coaching problem here.

There was a shortage of AAA Pitching Coaches this season. 30 hours to go now in coach signing, and I have everyone signed except for a AAA PC. No coaches left in the minors are any better than my AA PC.

Is there any point at which one of the ML coaches will accept a AAA job for AAA money? Or should I just sign any acceptable guy before time runs out? I have a few good pitching prospects at AAA this season, so I don't want a poor coach to mess up their development.

6/20/2014 3:45 PM

Once every BL team has a pitching coach, the others will drop to AAA.  If you want to play that game, demote your good prospects to AA before coach hiring ends in case you get shut out.  

6/20/2014 7:14 PM
Well then, I have to ask... if more than one owner is playing that game, then no BL coaches will drop to AAA, right? What happens, do you know how does the sim chooses coaches to auto assign?

6/20/2014 8:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...815|816|817|818|819...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.