ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

The Great Jimmy Powell will win his 300th this season and go make babies after it's over.
7/12/2017 9:55 PM
Say it's the beginning of the season, and I've got a major league player out of options who I'd like to try to send back to AAA. When might be the best time to try to sneak him through waivers?

7/13/2017 11:33 AM
Friday afternoon. People quickly check 7 PM games before going out and have Saturday activities planned.
7/13/2017 11:46 AM
Makes sense. But I was thinking if you'd have a preference for the time of the schedule. Like the day before Rule 5, when owners might be looking for younger players? Middle of ST, when some owners might not be paying attention? Or end of ST, when rosters might be close to full?

7/13/2017 11:55 AM
He may take a hit if you do it after ST starts. So, if that's what I'm trying to do, last Friday afternoon before ST starts. Conversely, you may not want to send him down AFTER ST starts because you have an injury. I generally wait until the end of ST and don't sweat the sneaking part.
7/13/2017 12:07 PM
Is Damag screwed if it's the league he and I are in? (Actually I don't care. I just like making him sweat)

who is the better pitcher between these two?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7449534

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=7283250
7/13/2017 8:52 PM
That's the thing with posting in the forums. If McNamara were RH, I'd take him 100% of the time. As is, I'd give him a slight edge.
7/14/2017 12:26 PM
What is it you like about McNamera over Johnson? Doesn't being a leftie already give him an advantage as most owners set their lineup VsR over VsL?
7/14/2017 1:16 PM
The high control and better splits. I'm not a "control" guy but there seems to be a "magic" point with most ratings where pitchers outperform their other ratings. 88 control would probably qualify. I'm unsure of what you mean by your 2nd question. They are starters. Both should face hand-specific line-ups. VL for McNamara, VR for Johnson.
7/14/2017 2:43 PM
So, in theory rightie hitters should do better against leftie pitchers, but (from my understanding) most guys will set their lineup with players that have a better VsR split then a VsL split just because of the likelyhood they will face a right handed pitcher. Meaning a lot of the time a lineup will have righties or lefties that do better against right handed pitching. So because (in theory) most lineups will have guys with lower VsL ratings, doesn't that give McNamara an advantage?
7/14/2017 2:59 PM
WOW. Your theory is ****** or the people you compete against are ******. There are 4 different line-up setting VLH with/without DH, VRH with/without DH. In theory, you'll have at LEAST two different line-up. One vs LHP, one vs RHP. Then, of course, a DH added if in AL/playing AL. If someone is setting a line-up to only face RH SP, they've missed the boat. A SP will go 5-9 innings. You WANT to have your best line-up vs the starters.
7/14/2017 3:04 PM
Have you ever eaten a Nothing Burger?
7/14/2017 3:24 PM
Nope.
7/14/2017 3:46 PM
Here is my roster: Franchise Profile: Baby Warriors - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
I just traded for: Player Profile: Jarrett Torreyes - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
I was also considering bringing up Player Profile: Ronny Strausborger - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports to serves as a LRA.

My question is: how would you maximize IP out of my current starting 5 (Peterson, Aguilar, Schmidt, Ziegler, and Jose) and Torreyes?
Would you simply move Jose to the bullpen as SUA and have PC be 20-30?
Would you look at a tandem rotation? If so, how would you set it up?
Would you do something different?
7/14/2017 10:21 PM
I'd set my 5 man rotation(whichever group you deem "best"), use the odd man out as LRA and Strausborger as LRB. If one of you SP falters, move the LRA into the rotation. Often, I only have 3-4 pitchers who start every game. SP4/5 will rotate out with LRA.
7/15/2017 8:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...1110|1111|1112|1113|1114...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.