ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Game 6 1977 WS was 40 years ago today. Any thoughts to commemorate the occasion?
10/18/2017 9:59 PM
How about them Bucks???

What is your expectation for the game tonight? Most importantly, will Kelce tear apart the Raiders' D?
10/19/2017 10:44 AM
Not sure if it was Game 6 but I recall Reggie hitting a homer that cost me $100 in the "squares" game in the 1977 series. Buy a square for a buck, random draw numbers. That was a lot of dough for a 14 y/o. I've forgiven him.

I don't hunt. I know it's deer season but I've not seen any. Several does and fawns are practically in my backyard though. Really ****** off my dogs due to the fence.

Had you asked me after week 2, I'd have predicted a Raiders rout. Now I'm just hoping it's close enough to keep me interested. Hope Kelce does not.
10/19/2017 12:03 PM
I take it Charlie Morton doesn't scare you?
10/21/2017 4:25 PM
Nope.
10/21/2017 6:35 PM
Did you know the Yankees have won the last four times they played on my birthday?

Will they make it five in a row tonight?
10/21/2017 6:53 PM
I did not.

I hope so. Happy birthday, tecgoodluckcharm.
10/21/2017 7:00 PM
Thoughts on this years Yankees?
10/22/2017 10:37 AM
Stros vs Dodgers, who you got and do you care?
10/22/2017 11:19 AM
They overachieved. I was hoping they'd do well enough to keep me interested until football season. They did more.

Dodgers have their rotation set. No, don't care.
10/22/2017 11:52 AM
Thoughts on the Trump thread getting relegated to the Pit?
10/23/2017 10:31 PM
Didn't know, don't care, haven't looked at the non-sports forum for a couple of months, same dumb people repeating the same dumb ****. But BL probably reported someone. That's how another thread got moved to the Pit.
10/24/2017 7:10 AM
Why did you leave MG?
10/24/2017 4:48 PM
This will take longer than I'd like but I don't want to **** on the world, however, I want to be clear about why I'm a dick about rules.

Owner complacency.. We have a vague rule about "unnecessary cash". A trade was proposed and I posted "Kinda looks like unnecessary cash to me" in the WC. Pretty much left it at that because that's always been enough. Trade was passed. I asked the other users to explain why the cash was necessary. No one could. Even the participants couldn't. The trade initiator said "What about....?" and he was right. I was away and another trade had been made that included unnecessary cash. So the slippery slope had started. I'll be away, and I refuse to check WifS when I travel, a few times over the next few months. I can't monitor what happens when I'm not away. While virtually every owner said "My bad, won't happen again", I've always said you can't change the world but you can change your participation. Despite being my favorite world with a very good team(WS winner last year, WS loser this year), I decided it was best I move on. If crap deals were made while I was away, I'd be frustrated. I'm not on this site to be frustrated.

As a side note, and he'll say it didn't matter(I disagree), the user who initiated the trade beat me in the WS. Take it for what it's worth.

I'll add I left Mantle because a user was complaining, behind closed doors, because I was calling out willsauve for tanking. I thought that was a gutless move and the fact that the commish was willing to say "Please tone down on calling out a tanker(paraphrasing)" told me that was no longer the world for me.
10/24/2017 8:09 PM (edited)
Just had a guy go 0-9 (17-inning game). Left 9 on base. Can you remember seeing a worse performance?
10/26/2017 10:27 AM
◂ Prev 1...1125|1126|1127|1128|1129...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.