ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

It's hard to say he did save lives but he raised a lot of money with the hope of saving lives.

If he's not using PED, he's not well-known.   If he's not well-known, he doesn't raise the money.

I don't have a problem with PED use regardless of the outcome of said use.
10/11/2012 11:21 AM
OK - Do you think it was worth it to HIM?
10/11/2012 11:23 AM
He probably has to answer that question.    But, if I had to guess, yep.   I don't know about you but I can only name one biker.   Armstrong made a lot of money.   He raised a lot of money for a cause that has to be close to his heart.   So he's rich and, likely, feels good about what he's done for cancer research.   Throw in nailing Sheryl Crow for awhile and that seems like a pretty full life.
10/11/2012 11:30 AM
This is about as cynical and paranoid as I can get.  So I'm only putting forward for public entertainment.  

IF the USADA's accusations are correct, then it can be said that Lance must have acted as Barry Bonds has been said to have done - "Do what I want, win everything, deny everything, let public opinion sort it all out."

Lance's back story has always been that he was an arrogant hotshot when he was young, and cancer humbled him and the trial he endured helped him to become a great champion.  IF the USADA's accusations are correct, it can be gathered that he never actually changed at all.

As burnsy's question alone points out, Lance never has to publicly voice his cover... "But look, I'm an American hero who saved lives."  Others will do that for him.

One thing doctors have to do is forecast the future of medicine.  It has been proven again and again, PED docs are especially good at this - it's essentially all they're trying to do, whether it's in the name of sport or not.  (I actually think Victor Conte sounds like a really smart guy.)  Is it not possible that seventeen years ago, Dr. Michele Ferrari or someone like him said "You know, over the next two decades cancer rates are only going to skyrocket..."

IF the USADA's accusations are correct, and Lance has been misleading the public about everything, is it not possible that Lance NEVER HAD cancer?

10/11/2012 11:59 AM
YE DONT REMEMBER GREG LAMOND???
10/11/2012 12:19 PM

WOW!  I'm thinking you think there were 6 additional shooters in the JFK assassination.   Of course it is possible but that's seems over the top insane.  Commit yourself before you harm others.

I DO NOW!!!!  I also know the guy that won a TdF was named Floyd something.  Or something Floyd.  He was busted too.

10/11/2012 12:25 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
No you don't.   Jeter has that day all to himself.  Quit lying.
10/12/2012 8:23 AM
Were the candidates seated behind a desk last night at the VP debate so that you couldn't see Joe Biden's clown shoes?
10/12/2012 10:01 AM
That and to hide the skirt Ryan was wearing.  A real man would have said "STFU" after about the 90th interruption.
10/12/2012 10:49 AM
Do you think the fact that they were sitting at a table close to each other helped Biden to interrupt as much as he did? Being close encourages "conversation?"
10/12/2012 10:55 AM
I think, after Obama's passive debate, that Biden was told to be aggressive.   I'm not sure that meant "Interrupt to the point of that being what this debate will be known for" but that's what he did.   If nothing else, he prevented Ryan from completing a thought.  IMO, both looked like buffoons(albeit I was clicking back and forth between baseball and debate so I might have missed a lot). 
10/12/2012 11:27 AM
how about them ******* cardinals? did you see the game?
10/13/2012 8:24 AM
There are hardly any good base coaches available.  So should I just get the best hitting coaches I can to fill the slot?  I know baserunning is important but am I worrying too much about this position?   Do you ever skimp on the base coaches?
10/13/2012 2:38 PM
mikey?
10/15/2012 5:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...666|667|668|669|670...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.