ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Why did this guy's 5th pitch go down a point after ST?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Max Franco
4/10/2013 2:41 PM
Interesting.  He's trying to drop it.   tec had a DITR that drop a bunch of points with a high 30s pitch.   I'd always assumed 30 was good enough.  Now, with your guy trying to drop a 40s pitch, I'm beginning to wonder if anything below a 50 is considered "bad".
4/10/2013 3:19 PM
so a world of mine just rolled and we're on arb day. the ww positioning should be the same as the end of last season, no? if that's the case, how come my ww position is 2 spots off of my draft position for this season? wouldn't they correspond?
4/12/2013 8:46 AM
I would assume the tie-breakers are the same.   That would lead one to believe WW/draft position for the first 28 games would be the same(removing comp picks from draft position).   I have noticed that WW position is sometimes off by one.
4/12/2013 8:49 AM
i just noticed a pitching prospect of mine who has a flyball/groundball projection LOWER than what it currently is now. i know that projections can be inaccurate, but why would anyone want a lower number as a final destination?
4/12/2013 2:51 PM
That's probably just a side effect of inaccurate projections.  But older pitchers do have an decrease in GB/FB so maybe all of them should be that way 'cause they'll get there eventually.
4/12/2013 2:56 PM
Is this the lowest rated active play you've ever seen...Bill Parish?
4/15/2013 7:23 AM
He might be.  I was looking for a player I was assigned in S1 of Steinbrenner but it looks like I didn't give him a BL AB so he's lost.   He was the worst player I'd seen on a S1 team.
4/15/2013 8:14 AM
Do you know why Bill Parish wouldn't have retired before he ever got to this point, considering that he has no statistics after Season 5?
4/15/2013 2:03 PM
If he was kept on the 40 man, he won't retire until his mid 40s.
4/15/2013 2:12 PM
Would you trade these 2 guys

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Cozy Hogg
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Pasqual Gonzalez

for this guy?

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Catfish Hammond

I'm out of the playoffs this year, and don't anticipate being in the hunt next year either. I guess the question is, do you think Hammond's glove will develop enough for him to be a + defensive CF?
4/15/2013 9:30 PM
That looks like nothing for nothing to me.  I'd worry about Hammond's range getting to CF-level.  He's 24 and improved 4 points from the previous season.   He might finish at 85.    That's about the minimum for CF.    But, either way, I'd have a tough time trading Cozy Hogg because looking at that every day would make me chuckle.
4/16/2013 8:15 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 4/15/2013 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Do you know why Bill Parish wouldn't have retired before he ever got to this point, considering that he has no statistics after Season 5?
Wouldn't he be waiting for the Angel of Death in Brad Pitt's body?
4/16/2013 8:25 AM
I assume that's from a Brad Pitt movie.   However, if it's not from Troy, Fight Club or, on a lesser level, Snatch, it wasn't worth watching.   For the record, the best beginning to any movie ever is Troy.    Pitt rolls out of bed with two chicks, tells off his boss, stabs a giant in the neck and taunts the opposing army.  Good start to a day.

4/16/2013 8:37 AM
Which of these actions would be more offensive to you as a commissioner?

Demoting any starting pitchers who can keep their E.R.A. under 3?

Continuing to use a relief pitcher in high leverage situations with an E.R.A. over 12?

Benching all hitters with power hitting over .300 to play singles hitters hitting .250?

Dumping all contracts over $1m, with no players over 27, for pennies on the dollar or straight release?

Demoting the five best players in the organization to AAA, then putting them on the trade block, looking for "prospects"?

Taking over a playoff team, and going in to the all star break, having made the above moves, with the worst record in the league?
4/16/2013 12:06 PM
◂ Prev 1...712|713|714|715|716...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.