ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Run differential. 

My initial guess is you're not doing well in 1-2 runs games.

A lot depends on the league.   Even with a MWR, you can pick up a lot of wins after game 120 because teams are mailing it in.  But, if you're playing teams that need wins for playoffs over the last quarter of the season, you're probably a lock for 100 losses.

7/8/2013 8:31 AM
Can you rate this math nerd humour I just got on Facebook?

Booze and calculus don't mix. Don't drink and derive.
7/8/2013 12:03 PM
Probably a knee-slappin' 10 on a scale of 1-10 for a math nerd.    For me, it's.....
7/8/2013 12:22 PM
To further the conversation on my sucky HBD team; How long would a rebuild take? I have a couple of assets at the ML that I can move for prospects to help get my minors in order. We'll need to draft well and use FA, Rule V, and Waivers to improve. Can a 100+ loss team be 100+ win team in 3-4 seasons?
7/8/2013 1:02 PM
7/8/2013 1:10 PM
Despite my 6 seaon run of mediocrity(or worse) in Coop, I don't think it takes that long to rebuild a team if you have the funds available(meaning a lack of bad long-term contracts).   The game is designed to create parity.

He'll be a decent hitter(75-80 contact) with a good eye(75-78) with no power.   Unfortunately, he's a RH who hits righties better.
7/8/2013 1:57 PM
Why hasn't 'tardcommish come back to get his team back from reino, aka Lose Me Two Times?
7/9/2013 6:56 AM
His feelings got hurt when I wouldn't make special exceptions to the MWR for him.
7/9/2013 7:03 AM
Isn't the special exception "don't lose that much"?
7/9/2013 7:16 AM
I don't know if that's as much an exception as it is a rule.
7/9/2013 8:00 AM
Is a SS playing "good defense" if he's top five in the world at his position in plus plays, assists and range factor, but also in errors? In other words, are the errors just a factor of handling more chances, or a weakness I should worry about?
7/9/2013 1:55 PM
I'd look at fielding percentage to get a better "feel" for the number of balls he's kicking.   If he's at least middle of the pack in qualified SS, I'd say "Yeah, he's playing good D" due to the RF and + plays.    If he's bottom third, he better be making a lot of + plays and no - plays.
7/9/2013 2:14 PM
If I haven't figured out HBD after 50+ seasons, will I ever be able to figure it out?
7/9/2013 6:01 PM
You've had a few good seasons.   Just guessing but I think you may not be able to figure out who's useful, and cheap, after you have your top 12-15.    Everyone knows the studs but, IMO, owners get separated by the back half of their team.   As FA progressed in Mantle(where I won the last WS), another owner said "That's a classic Scottsdale signing" when I inked Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Calvin Randa to a two year deal.   Most owners would got "WTF?  Over 10m for that turd?" but I know I can use him.    1.  He starts in CF against lefties because my CF can't hit LH.  2.   He can be a defensive sub anywhere and my 2B/3B will need time off  3.  He can play SS if I have a short-term injury  4.  He should smoke lefties and I needed that(currently batting .342 against LH pitchers). 

That's what you need to figure out. 
7/9/2013 6:41 PM
7/9/2013 7:13 PM
◂ Prev 1...737|738|739|740|741...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.