ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

The Jags are saying "We're a football team not a sideshow!!!"    I don't think they realize that they are neither.   Anyway, I think they want out of Jax and poor attendance is a good start to making that happen.  
9/10/2013 1:10 PM
So, you believe they are a candidate to relocate to Los Angeles? What about the Raiders or Chargers moving back to Los Angeles?
9/10/2013 6:00 PM
I think they're the top candidate to move to LA.   I think more people visit Van Zant's grave on Sunday than attend Jags' games.
9/10/2013 8:38 PM

Does it surprise you that Jacksonville out-draws Oakland (and many other NFL teams) in both sheer quantity and % of capacity of attendance?

http://dilemma-x.net/2013/01/06/nfl-final-regular-season-home-attendance-for-2012/

9/10/2013 10:31 PM
Did you see that the US clinched a spot in the 2014 World Cup last night by defeating Mexico ( along with some help)?
9/11/2013 6:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Did you receive a sitemail from me?
9/16/2013 11:03 PM
I did.
9/17/2013 7:04 AM
Is there a difference between leaving a dog in a car in the shade with the window down and leaving a dog in an unairconditioned house? To my knowledge the inside of a car isn't any different unless you let it get sunlight and turn it into an oven.

I needed to take my dogs with me to visit my father in the hospital (cancer) so that they could go to the bathroom regularly instead of holding it forever in the house and having to suffer that way. I left them in a very breezy parking garage (no oven effect in the garage. felt like being in the shade.) with the window a few inches down and with about as much water as they normally drink during a full non-hot day, which I figured would suffice for a few hours). The temperature outside maxed out at 87, and it was mostly cloudy to completely cloudy and raining during the hours they were in there.

Then I get paged in the hospital that the police are breaking into my vehicle and that my dogs are "suffering". I very civilly asked what was wrong. Were my dogs overheated? sick? dehydrated? The only response was the officer asking, "Don't you watch TV?" and "Your attitude is going to get you in handcuffs so KNOCK IT OFF!" and that "I'm experienced in animal work and just know these things."

I never raised my voice, cursed, made insults or anything, but apparently that's attitude (which apparently is illegal?), while he raises his voice and threatens to take away my liberty and put me in a cage.

Like I said. I've never had air conditioning in the 4 yrs I've had my dogs and we make it through every summer just fine. Should it be illegal to own dogs if you don't have air conditioning? How does a dog get overheated in the shade on a cloudy 87 degree day with the window cracked? It seems like the only thing that could heat the car up is their body heat, but then you have to recognize that the maximum temp would then be equal to or less than their body heat. Short haired dogs btw.
9/19/2013 1:55 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...755|756|757|758|759...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.