ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I haven't taken 1 minute to read any other page but this one, so forgive me the answer is probably on page 1 of part 1, but...

What do you?  
How much daily or weekly time are you on the WIS site in general?  In HBD itself?
Finally, what do you love most about HBD (I mean intrinsically, not "the draft" or whatnot)?

12/5/2013 4:18 AM
yeah, what do you?
12/5/2013 7:40 AM
I run my own small business.
I'm in front of a computer for about 7-8 hours per day during the week.  WifS is usually open during that time whether I'm active or not.   Probably about 4 hours per week running my HBD teams.
I like to compete.  Sometimes it's with myself(gym), on the field(softball) or while sitting on my ***(HBD, video games).

Answer questions.
12/5/2013 8:58 AM
did you get gta V yet?
12/5/2013 12:02 PM
I have not.   Bought both Madden and NCAA14 this year.  I usually only get one but it was Madden's 25th and I felt the NCAA franchise would be discontinued due to Ed O'Bannon(it was).    Because I love both games, I probably won't buy another until football is over.
12/5/2013 12:11 PM
how assraped would a franchise be come post arb, big contracts are due time if a team promotes a bunch of prospects to the ml at once? how many guys would you prefer to promote in a single season?
12/6/2013 7:36 AM
Very.  It's one of the problems tankers run across when they promote 6-7 guys that they've been holding back.    If you have more than 2-3 that are ready at the same time(guys that will stay in the bigs), you're probably doing something wrong.  1st year call-ups on my Coop team:
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ivan Bonilla   3 year pro.  Could have held him back but deemed it pointless
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Al Wagner  7 year pro.   Cheap fill-in
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Will Mahoney   Only guy I intended to call-up and keep up when the season started
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Danny Zoltan   Injury replacement.  He'll be in AAA next season
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ellie Harris   7 year pro and injury replacement.  Cleared waivers so he'll be sent back down

Zoltan and Harris will be in AAA next season.   Bonilla might be as I haven't decided.   Wagner will stay up but he'll be let go after 1st/2nd arb.
12/6/2013 8:08 AM
Is Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Dan Wilkerson pitching so poorly because he's mad that I haven't offered him an extension yet that he's willing to re-sign, or is it just a SSS?
12/6/2013 10:02 AM
His HR rate is very high compared to the rest of his career.  He might be screaming "SCREW YOU, ZYRION" and throwing a meatball.   But it's just a SSS.   Don't offer an extension until the season is over.   His demands won't change and he might suffer a huge injury that would leave you holding the bag.
12/6/2013 10:08 AM
so basically call up as many as you want, as long as you only plan on keeping/paying eventually 2 or 3 per season?
12/6/2013 10:11 AM

That's how I'd do it.   Having 5-7 guys going thru arb 2 and FA together will force you to make tough payroll decisions.

12/6/2013 10:57 AM
If a player is not quite ready and has finished AA, but will get you a chance of getting in the playoffs where the incumbent(s) at that position might leave you short, do you have him skip AAA and bring him up?  Example, a player who will potentially play 10-15 big league seasons, but you would like to season one more year at AAA, but the starter at the big league level can't play at a playoff level. 
12/6/2013 11:38 AM (edited)
i have no problem bringing up players who'll help me make the playoffs regardless of their experience.   When we're talking about 11 "controlled" seasons, we're talking about 3 real-life years(more or less depending on how quickly your world rolls).   You may tire of HBD, your world may turn to crap or FOX may dump the game(Clutch Racing Dynasty) in those three years.   I'm not going to wait for something that might happen in 2016.
12/6/2013 11:47 AM
How many HRs could a seriously glitched-out,  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Charleston Siege Franchise Profile hit in Coloardo over a full season with his impossible power rating??
12/6/2013 2:43 PM
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=4758206
12/6/2013 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...769|770|771|772|773...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.