ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Could be competition level or blind luck.   Haren is replacement level.    You can always find one guy who over/underperforms for several seasons. 

1/2/2014 3:51 PM
I have a revolving door at 3B this season. Plan A guy was hitting .116 after 12 games, so I signed a leftover Type B FA who OPS'd .801 over 348 ABs last season. So far, for me, his average is .089 after 45 ABs.

It's only 25 games into the season, but how long would you give him till moving on to Plan C?

1/4/2014 11:35 AM

I imagine you knew they'd be bad or you wouldn't have a revolving door or plan B.    A lot depends on what you have to replace them.    I re-evaluate position players after 40 games.   But I only take players out of the line-up if I have a reasonable replacement.

Bullinger is higher ranked on my handy-dandy pitching formula.   He also pitched better.   His control and GB are big ratings for playoffs.   Don't want to walk a guy then give up a dinger.

1/4/2014 4:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I know what I got out of Brian Hogg this year was ridiculous, (1.11 whip, 2.59ERA, 12-4 record, by far his career highs at age 35), and there's next to no chance that he'll put up those numbers again, but can I expect something respectable for him next year? How much do you expect his stamina to go down next year?I have $20mm in training. 

Thanks

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Brian Hogg
1/7/2014 11:02 AM
Will he resign during the resigning period next year? Or should I resign him during the playoffs (as close as to possible to the end of the season in case he gets injured)??
1/7/2014 11:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...775|776|777|778|779...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.