ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I think they have a lot of holes to fill.   Too many OF not enough IF.  

Assuming you did everything right and the first three picks signed, you'll get the 5th pick.

1/13/2014 9:11 AM
How do tiebreakers work concerning a max deal for a pitcher? He has not been on team for five plus years.
1/13/2014 6:51 PM
I have to admit that I do not know.   I've only offered one max deal in HBD and I guess I had the tie-breakers.
1/13/2014 7:29 PM
on that same subject, say 2 owners both offer the max deal to the same player. do both owners get the same 'you da best' message and then whoever wins the tiebreaker gets the guy? which could make the losing owner complain 'but they said i was the top bidder since whenever, blah, blah, blah'...
1/14/2014 8:42 AM
No, there's only one top bid notification.   As I understand it(I tend to think it's a bit BS, I'll get to that in a moment), the only thing that would bump owner B over owner A after the notification, is the signing of a pitching coach.    That said, many of the tie-breaker experts talk about how important the PC is but I've seen teams with no PC "win" over teams with good ones.  Of course, that's if one is to believe both owners had identical max bids.   Since I've only offered one, and won, I'm not sure that's the case.
1/14/2014 10:07 AM
If forced to, which of the following would you start in CF?

Adam Boyle

Leon Kendall
1/15/2014 8:02 AM
What were the last few books you may have read?

favourite authors?

desert island discs( 5 albums you would take to listen to forever)?
1/15/2014 8:09 AM
to go along with my earlier question regarding patience rating and re-signing, have you ever seen a highly rated guy with a patience rating of over 90 NOT re-sign long term?
1/15/2014 9:01 AM
Boyle.  Kendall isn't really a CF and Boyle will walk some and steal some.

Collection of Poe short stories, an old book about Clemens and I'm currently reading a book from Feinstein about a season with Mussina/Glavine(it's also a bit old).

Poe.  I did have period of Koontz and King several years ago but Poe has been with me since HS(30+ years ago).  Read most of Grisham's stuff but I'd hardly call him a favorite.  Same with Vonnegut.

I'd probably have to sort it out the CDs amongst the groups but Skynyrd, Pearl Jam, AC/DC and one of Cornell's groups(probably Audioslave) would be repped.  I'd probably figure out a softer 5th for the times I'm throwing myself a pity party for being stuck on a desert island.
1/15/2014 9:05 AM
I have not.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Alfredo Leary is the guy I'm thinking about.    From what I've heard, he should not have re-signed.   He obviously did.
1/15/2014 9:07 AM
What does "fun" mean, exactly?

1/15/2014 4:05 PM
I suppose not being Michael J Fox in 1991 might be considered "fun".
1/15/2014 4:33 PM
Similar to how you estimate LH batters are roughly 10% more effective than RH with the same ratings, do RH pitchers with equal ratings as a LH pitcher also have an advantage?
1/16/2014 1:46 PM (edited)
What does the "H" stand for in "Jesus H. Christ"?
1/16/2014 1:36 PM

It's 10%, roughly, against opposite hand.   LHB vs RHP or RHB vs LHP.   I haven't really thought of it the way you put it but RHB vs RHP is "normal" ratings.   But I've only done the research on the batters.   I suppose RvR could the -10% for the batter with LvR being "normal".  However, that's overcomplicating things.  Not sure that makes sense but it does to me.

Howard.

1/16/2014 2:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...777|778|779|780|781...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.