ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Not really.   The effect is overplayed a bit but, if you checked a HRA %, you'll find that the high % are either A) crappy pitchers B) low GB pitchers.   I've had several single digit GB guys that I just couldn't keep. 
2/14/2014 7:00 AM
I traded Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Benji Jacquezbefore the start of S-25.  What do you think of his very clear step up in production after that point? 

Of course moving from HON to MON helped, but I don't think that explains the huge difference.  Or maybe I'm underestimating how much of a pitcher's park HON is?
2/14/2014 11:29 AM
That seems a bit excessive but MON is a decent hitter's park while HON is a slight pitcher's park.    Looks like he switched leagues so there may be a difference in competition between AL/NL.   That could explain some of the difference.   He could be facing more bottom feeders/weaker pitching.
2/14/2014 11:37 AM
That is not a question.   However, when it's sustained like that, it's usually a steady combination of things.  I certainly didn't check all the parks in both leagues but one may lean hitter's while the other league leans pitcher's parks.
2/14/2014 3:59 PM
I know this isn't "ask the dedelman."  But (a) the NL is the weaker league in Fingers, and (b) if MON is resting him consistently against tough LHP and you were resting him randomly or he was having minor injuries to account for his missed games, that could contribute to the difference.

In a desperate effort to stay with the theme of the thread-- Mike, referring this back to another current thread about ratings vs. stats, is this player a good example of why even for major league hitters, stats may be deceptive, whereas ratings never lie?

2/14/2014 4:31 PM
I think this player has good ratings and stats.   IMO, he's been remarkably consistent in both venues.
2/14/2014 6:42 PM
What do you make of this? Is there a chance this could happen?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pipe-dream-oakland-raiders-sign-demarcus-ware-173500214--nfl.html

2/14/2014 9:38 PM
I don't see the Raiders as a "destination" team.   Top FA aren't coming to Oakland.  They'll have to build thru the draft, 2nd level FA and win some games before a Ware will want to come to Oakland.
2/15/2014 6:39 AM
How important is it to promote minor leaguers in HBD at season end?
2/15/2014 7:58 AM
While it should never be an issue with legit prospects, it limits retirements.  For me, it helps with next season's budget.
2/15/2014 9:04 AM
if a trade is accepted during the rule V day, does it have to wait an extra 24 hours before it goes thru?
2/15/2014 9:41 AM

Yep.

2/15/2014 9:45 AM
Did you watch USA vs. Russia Men's Olympic Hockey this morning?
2/15/2014 1:31 PM
I remembered it was on as the third period started.   Enjoyed what I saw.
2/15/2014 2:27 PM
Who's better, Thomas Jefferson or John Adams?
2/15/2014 10:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...783|784|785|786|787...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.