ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

I'd probably try to find better hitters.    But, nonetheless, congrats on your historic accomplishment!!!!
3/26/2014 4:31 PM
What would you expect from this guy as a starter?  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Guillermo Rios
I see a guy that I would expect to be pretty ******, but he's put together a few decent seasons in a row.
3/27/2014 2:10 PM
Different version of Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Mark Camp.  I never gave him a prominent role because I expected he'd stink but he kept pitching well.   Let him walk as a FA and, in an expanded role, he stinks for his new owner. 
3/27/2014 4:36 PM
I'm going to say that I don't think that Camp is a good Comp.  The only rating that sets Rios apart (that I see) from your average ****** pitcher is his 97 control.  But I've never thought that Control could "make" a pitcher.  I know that poor control can ruin a pitcher, but I don't think I've seen it the other way around...

What do you think about that?
3/28/2014 8:57 AM
Using my formula, they are practically the same guy based on 4 pitches.   Rios is considerably better using my 2 and 3 pitch formula(which are used to rank short relievers and long relievers respectively).   So, yeah, a very good control rating can elevate a guy.  IMO, it's the 2nd most important rating for a pitcher.   
3/28/2014 9:22 AM
ARE YOU THINKING OF INTRODUCING SCREAMING FRIDAY TO THE ASK MIKE T23 THREAD?!?!?!
3/28/2014 9:40 AM
I HAVE NOT BUT I WILL ANSWER TO ALL SCREAMED QUESTIONS WITH A LOUD RESPONSE!!!!!!
3/28/2014 9:53 AM
Rios is considerably better using my 2 and 3 pitch formula(which are used to rank short relievers and long relievers respectively) --> Does that a mean a 3 pitch cant start for you?
3/28/2014 1:37 PM
They can but they're remarkably inconsistent.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Robert Olson is the first one that comes to mind.  His WHIP is pretty consistent but his ERA bounces around.   So he's in/out of the rotation all the time.  His career numbers are about what I'd expect.   He's not the only 3 pitch guy I've had that is inconsistent but he's the most recent. 
3/28/2014 1:45 PM
Does McKenzie = Al Davis:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report--maurice-jones-drew-will-sign-with-the-oakland-raiders-130307842.html

WTF are the Raiders doing signing all these washed up guys?

3/28/2014 2:29 PM
Cap space and fragile RB.  I don't hate it as much as I should.    But I don't think McKenzie is the savior he was made out to be.
3/28/2014 2:36 PM
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Patrick Allen

I was thinking about as opening day starter -- thoughts?

3/28/2014 3:43 PM
He's pretty good.    40/50 PC and he should be pitching again by game 4.
3/28/2014 3:48 PM
Was McKenzie hired because of the Rooney Rule?
3/28/2014 4:13 PM

Maybe in GB.   But he did a pretty solid job in his duties there.   It's possible that he just wasn't ready to move to the next level.   And, of course, the Raiders get that guy.

3/28/2014 5:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...798|799|800|801|802...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.