ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

A weak P3 is bad and his 2nd isn't really good enough either.   I've found that 3 pitch SP are a bit inconsistent overall.   Having a 28 as a 3rd is worse.   Pitch names and projected ratings don't not play into performance.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Robert Olson has had a pretty good career but he's been in/out of the starting rotation due to the inconsistency.
8/1/2014 9:48 AM
I don't normally ask questions about players like this, but this guy intrigues me because of the drastic skews in his contact, power and splits.

LH hitter with the following projections:

Power: 99
Splits: 2/83
Eye: 35

What kind of offense would you expect from him if he only started against RHP?

8/1/2014 9:54 AM
So should I leave him in and  see how far the inconsistency goes....or maybe trade him for a better over all around starter?  What would you do?

before I acquired the team he went 22-29   440 innings 476 hits and gave up 73 homers in 2 seasons starting.  4.82 ERA
8/1/2014 9:54 AM
I find those guys to be frustratingly inconsistent.   The poor eye is going to make it even worse.   I used this guy against mostly LHP Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Orlando Bonilla.    He obviously has much better contact and lower eye/power/splits but I'd expect you'd get similar power numbers(homer every 18-20 AB) with a .200 AVG if you only used him against RHP. 

Looking at your staff, I'd have a tough time taking Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Coco Heath out of the rotation.   I know COL/AZ are hitter's parks so his numbers are going to be a little higher than expected but he looks like he's definitely underperformed.   If you decide to trade him, you should get a really good player.   Really good.  

8/1/2014 10:20 AM
Best CFB game this month?
8/1/2014 2:54 PM

While the Vandals at the Gators may sound enticing, it's gotta be Clemson/Georgia.    Assuming the inbreds from Georgia can stay out of trouble and field a team on 8/29.

8/1/2014 3:05 PM
Just took over an awful team. Have this guy www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx sitting in the minors though. He instantly becomes my number two starter if called up. Should I leave him down there or develop him at the big league level?
8/3/2014 9:33 PM
If I had an awful team, a 23 y/o pitcher in a world with no win requirement, I wouldn't bring him up.   Pitchers hold their value longer so he can wait til next year or even the year after.    If it were a 23 y/o position player, I'd bring him up as his ratings will be in decline after you've had him for 10 years.
8/4/2014 8:03 AM
Did you forget to participate in MonkeyBall10 this past weekend?
8/4/2014 12:55 PM
I did.
8/4/2014 1:12 PM

I just acquired this guy via a trade. http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5776788

Should I assign him to AAA to finish the year or assign him to the ML team to start his career in the bigs?

8/4/2014 5:32 PM
At 28-41, I don't think he turns you into a playoff team.   While I'm not fond of holding players that can help in the minors, that's what I think would serve you best.
8/4/2014 5:36 PM
I have a prospect with very high splits (could reach 85/90) and a good eye (80s), but weak contact (won't top 45) and only middling power.

http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=6470788

Have you ever had a similar player? What can I expect from this guy?

Thanks.
8/4/2014 7:36 PM
Can't link him for some reason but this guy comes to mind:  http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=563662
8/4/2014 8:20 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 8/1/2014 9:54:00 AM (view original):
I don't normally ask questions about players like this, but this guy intrigues me because of the drastic skews in his contact, power and splits.

LH hitter with the following projections:

Power: 99
Splits: 2/83
Eye: 35

What kind of offense would you expect from him if he only started against RHP?

About .190/.270/.400.  Remember that he's going to get 10-15% of his PA against LHP.  This pitcher is the worst hitter that I can find in a five minute search, and your guy is going to hit for a lower BA against LHP, albeit with somewhere over 2 total bases per hit and a few more walks.

Is this post going to get redlined because it's not a question?

8/4/2014 8:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...823|824|825|826|827...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.