ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Sorry, if I have a FA claim say for 8m , but only have 5m available - yet I will gain 3m from the trade .. both occurred on the same cycle will I get this FA or not? 
1/31/2015 8:14 PM
Pretty sure FA signings cycle before trades. 
1/31/2015 8:21 PM
How can I build a team to take advantage of Petco field in San Diego? I have no idea what kind of ratings a player would need to be a good triple hitter.
2/1/2015 12:26 PM
I've never found a "typical" triples hitter.   Some have speed/contact while others have power/baserunning.    My brain tells me contact/speed/baserunning and baserunning setting of aggressive. 
2/1/2015 1:53 PM
Considering his ratings, how incredible was Season 27 for  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kris Page?? Obviously a fluke season but dang...
2/2/2015 7:24 PM
Definitely a fluke season.  I'd suggest anyone using him extensively was tanking.
2/2/2015 8:22 PM
Regarding the Petco question, would you say it's a good idea to try to maximize walks if you play in a park like that?

If your stadium penalizes hits and home runs, it seems like it would pay to try to get hitters with good Eye ratings so thy can get on base withou needing hits.
2/3/2015 12:01 PM
Baserunners come at a premium.   I'd want good batting eye/some ability to steal for my offense and control would be more important than normal for pitchers.
2/3/2015 12:11 PM
What position is this guy best suited for? Incredible range, meh everywhere else. Donn Prince
2/3/2015 12:53 PM
96/83 makes a fantastic CF.  I wouldn't worry about the weakass arm.   Since he's a LH, that's it.   Unless you're attempting to set some sort of + play record at 1B.
2/3/2015 1:38 PM
Would you consider HBD to be a boring game?  Like, I don't know, watching paint dry?  
2/3/2015 3:02 PM
I'd be lying if I didn't say I could see how others could feel that way.   If I want to do something exciting, I do not sit down at my computer and check stats/ratings of fake players.  In fact, I wouldn't sit down at my computer at all.  Nonetheless, there is more action than watching paint dry.   To sort of expand on this, here's what I'm doing with each of my teams:

Honolulu - cruise control.   I'm 9 games up with about 50 left.  I handled the fatigue issue I had last week and I'm just waiting for roster expansion.   Not much to do but check box scores and make sure my legit prospects aren't playing fatigued as late season injuries suck.
Charleston - not much.  We started poor but I'm confident I built a division winner.   Too many guys underperforming right now.   We're 33 games in and I don't start to tweak until 40ish or so.
New York - Rule 5 freeze.  My roster has been set for over a week.   I added a couple of cheap FA for depth but, beyond that, I've got nothing pressing in MG.
Albuquerque - this is the one that's taking my time.  I felt I built a formidable offense with one extra weak bat in CF.   We're below the league average in RS, with my stadium is 4,4,4,1,0, and I can't figure it out.   My SS is just below league average in RC27, my CF is way under as expected, but everyone else is above.   We strike out a lot and don't walk enough but we're middle of the pack in GiDP.   I'm trying to figure out if it's just bad luck or if I need to re-evalute my hitting.   Is this EXCITING?  No, probably not.   I didn't even pop a boner talking about it.  HA!
2/3/2015 3:26 PM
BUT...the million dollar question...did you expect a carnival going in?
2/3/2015 3:46 PM
Maybe not a carnival but a monkey playing an xylaphone would have been nice.
2/3/2015 3:48 PM
does sergei play the xylaphone?
2/3/2015 7:21 PM
◂ Prev 1...873|874|875|876|877...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.