ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

WHAT METS GAME?
10/13/2015 11:25 AM
JOE KLECKO

I'm not sure why anyone would go to a Mets game let alone own a Jets jersey.

THE ONE WHERE UTLEY BREAKS LEGS!!!!
10/13/2015 11:34 AM
What's the best possible playoff format for the MLB?

1) old school. ALCS/NLCS World Series. That's all.

2) one wild card. 3 Div winners. Division series/LCS/WS

3) 2 wildcard current format.

4) HBD 2 wildcard current format.

5) NBA/NHL 16 Team madness that goes on forever.

6) something else not listed.
10/13/2015 2:42 PM
I like the current format.    Gives an advantage to the division winners and keeps more teams in it longer without getting the feeling that "Everybody over .500 makes the playoffs" you get from NBA/NHL.   I'm also fine with the one game playoff.    Game 1 of the LDS seemed like "not must see" TV after the one game elimination games.
10/13/2015 3:31 PM
Do you think HBD should mirror MLB's postseason?  Or do you like as it is?  
10/13/2015 3:33 PM
32 teams and 4 divisions makes it different.    I think, with HBD, that you want to keep more people involved longer.   This cuts down on the almost immediate desire to throw in the towel and tank, errrrr, start the rebuild when you start slow.   I don't think I'd object too much to having 16 playoffs teams in HBD.   Well, until some 78 win WC team sweeps my 110 powerhouse in round 1.
10/13/2015 3:46 PM
If you could give a "Fuzzy Projections for Dummies" and how it changes your drafting strategy to a guy who's been outta the game for about a year.  That would be awesome. I get how projections can now be low, but I don't know whether to trust the individual stat projections or the overall stat projections or if both could be equally wrong. 

Also, is advanced scouting more important to have now and if so is it a must have?

Basically I jumped back into HBD after a couple years and I'm trying my best to comprehend these changes before the draft. As apposed to screwing up this draft and learning from it lol. Also with the advanced scouting I inherited, I may not even know how bad or good I did in the draft till about 4-5 seasons down the road.

Thanks man.
10/15/2015 10:55 AM
ADV still seems useless to me.    As for projections, I never looked at OVR as having any real value.   Look at the categories that you like the most and run with it.  As I said when they first did the updates, the projections are all we have.    Get your scouting budget up so you can trust them more.
10/15/2015 11:08 AM
Mike, do you like the new "look" for HBD? What do you like/not like about it?
10/15/2015 2:31 PM
I'm not a fan and most of it is "grumpy old man" syndrome.   It's "clunky" with IE but I can use another browser and it works fine.  I've never been a fan of "grab and drag" or whatever it's called.  Finally, it seems to be created for mobile devices.   I have pet peeve about people in society being attached to their phones.   At a bar by yourself?   Why not play with your phone the entire time?   At the gym?   May as well play with your phone between sets, right?   Not interested in the conversation at a party?  Why not get on your phone and enjoy the quiet time?   People seldom talk in person because they're too busy texting or facebooking or whatever the hell it is they do on the phone during every waking hour.   I refuse to be the guy hunched over his phone all day.

Rant over.

10/15/2015 3:23 PM
Have you created an alias to pick up a sweet $4.95 season?
10/16/2015 4:24 PM
ARE  YOU LORD_CLUCK II?
10/16/2015 4:38 PM
At this point, I'm not sure I'll stick with the game.    Haven't even really pinned down why I find the changes so objectionable but I've not been "into it" today.   That said, maybe I'll create a bunch of aliases and play single seasons everywhere.

I am not.    Yet. 

10/16/2015 6:51 PM
Is five days the longest this thread has ever been inactive?
10/21/2015 9:47 AM
I don't think so.   It slipped to midway of page 2 one time. 
10/21/2015 10:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...953|954|955|956|957...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.