ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

was talking about LHS with a fellow World Bencher, and he said you've written about Simmy underutilizing and wrongly utilizing LHS. I've got one who struggled to start last season as a SuB, so I moved him to LHS (87 vL and low 60's vR). He pitched much better, and even had to use him as SuB when my better relievers were fatigued and he pitched pretty well. Towards the end of the season I checked his vsR and vsL numbers and he was way better vsL (as I expected, but his vsR stats were quite a bit worse than I expected b/c his overall season stats were pretty good) -- so I moved him back to LHS and kept him there. He's been pitching pretty well this season, mostly at LHS, so I assumed he was mostly pitching vs lefties... but, nope! more than twice as many righty batters faced. Tried to find what you've said about LHS but couldn't find it. Care to expound? (or is it simply that Simmy a. doesn't use LHS often and b. uses LHS vs RHB too often?)
7/21/2017 3:09 PM
We think of the LHS as a guy who comes in, faces a tough lefty and gets the hook. SIMAI doesn't use him that way. Depending on the rest of your bullpen, he may get used very seldom(my experience) or against RHB too often(my observations). If you set his PC at 5/10, SIMMY will use him somewhat appropriately when used but, if he gets that LHB out with 2 pitches, he's pitching to a RHB or two with those 8 other pitches. In short, there's a really good chance he'll face 60%+ RHB. Which is normal for every pitcher because that's the percentage of RHB in most worlds.
7/21/2017 3:14 PM
Willsuave has a huge chubby for you. Why?
7/22/2017 9:48 AM
Short version: He was ******** that there were no good worlds to join. That all the open/soon to be open were crap due to tanking, lack of attention, etc, etc. I said "No. Mantle rolls in about 5-6 days and tec does a good job. MWR and all that." So he joins. And tanks. I call him out. Repeatedly.
7/22/2017 9:55 AM
Assuming you don't need a highly rated HC to help with a max contract is there much of a difference between say a 95 HC and a 85 HC.. As far as offense? Anything you might know? Thanks.
7/22/2017 5:05 PM
There is a difference but it's not significant. I wouldn't pay 4m for a 95 when I could get a 85 for 1.2m.

7/22/2017 5:47 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/22/2017 5:47:00 PM (view original):
There is a difference but it's not significant. I wouldn't pay 4m for a 95 when I could get a 85 for 1.2m.

What is the highest you ever spent on a Fielding instructor?
7/22/2017 8:40 PM
3.5 several times in MG, once in Coop.
7/23/2017 8:01 AM
Any opinion on how much 19-20 round picks develop compared to first round picks? Like a guy like this:

1HV7zLE6CcBgZbzEM9kZw34ptKmpQX96wP

Also are these late round guys new since the last update! I've seen maybe four ever.
7/24/2017 2:37 AM
That link is just goobledeegook. Late rounders with high make-up develop just as well as first rounders with high make-up. The problem is the starting point.

I've yet to get one and don't really follow anyone else's team.
7/24/2017 7:06 AM
That is not a question. But, yeah, I know they exist. I just haven't been fortunate enough to get one.
7/24/2017 9:15 AM
So, that link was jibberish, but where would you think this guy ends up?

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8566360
7/24/2017 2:38 PM
He should be a pretty solid 1B/RF. His eye has hardly improved so his OBP will probably disappointed but he'll hit plenty of homers and keep you happy.
7/24/2017 2:42 PM
How many points of control can I figure to gain from a 20 yr old college pitcher if I am running max training and a decent makeup?

Player Profile: George Inglett - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

7/24/2017 4:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...1112|1113|1114|1115|1116...1151 Next ▸
ASK THE MIKET23 THREAD, PT. 6 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.