FC Dynasty Unofficial Guide Book Topic

Thanks, trying to catch Damag.
I wonder how many season 1 (beta) guys are still playing FC?
12/17/2018 9:04 PM
Posted by oabs2 on 12/17/2018 9:04:00 PM (view original):
Thanks, trying to catch Damag.
I wonder how many season 1 (beta) guys are still playing FC?
I'd guess a couple dozen or so. I started playing (FC Dynasty) not too much after beta ended but took a long break after I realized WIS wasn't going to do any additional improvements. It's only been the last few years that I have gotten "serious" about it again. Of the three worlds I am currently in (I have three IDs,) I think there are a few season 1 owners...or very close to season 1.
12/17/2018 10:32 PM
We have a few teams whom started like season 5 and 10 but I'm the Day 1 cat left in my world. I remember when every team were human for the most part of the first 15 seasons.
12/21/2018 8:22 PM
I'm in from season 1 in World 67 as well. We - I mean, I- am in Season 68 now. Last Season 1 guy in my USA league dropped out after Season 47, and the last other Season 1 guy in the world was by himself in Italy for a good few seasons before dropping out after Season 53.

Aside from that, ctf8407's Greensboro FC went kaput, I'm thinking because of the Sportshub change over. He had been around since Season 11. He dropped out shortly before two pretty new and talented users did the same. They came in Season 63 and really revitalized the league as Ctf dropped out. Won three championships between them before they disappeared this season.
1/1/2019 9:25 PM
Posted by iamajedi1234 on 1/1/2019 9:25:00 PM (view original):
I'm in from season 1 in World 67 as well. We - I mean, I- am in Season 68 now. Last Season 1 guy in my USA league dropped out after Season 47, and the last other Season 1 guy in the world was by himself in Italy for a good few seasons before dropping out after Season 53.

Aside from that, ctf8407's Greensboro FC went kaput, I'm thinking because of the Sportshub change over. He had been around since Season 11. He dropped out shortly before two pretty new and talented users did the same. They came in Season 63 and really revitalized the league as Ctf dropped out. Won three championships between them before they disappeared this season.
yeah...my prediction about a few dozen Season 1 players left is really the count before the Sportshub conversion. A lot of those were probably lost in the transition...which is a damn shame.
1/1/2019 10:50 PM
Player Growth.
  • Players will improve from 18 to approx 27 years of age.
  • Rate of growth depends on playing time. The more they play the more they grow.
  • Player growth also decreases as players get older.
  • You can expect approximately the following growth given maximum playing time (30+ games)
  • 18yo 6-7 overall
  • 19yo 5-6 overall
  • 20yo 4-5 overall
  • 21yo 3-4 overall
  • 22yo 2-3 overall
  • 23yo 1-2 overall
  • 24-27 0-1 overall
When you are talking about player growth, is this for their overall rating but does it also indicate growth for each of the individual player physical, instinct and technique ratings also?
1/8/2019 5:32 PM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 1/8/2019 5:32:00 PM (view original):
Player Growth.
  • Players will improve from 18 to approx 27 years of age.
  • Rate of growth depends on playing time. The more they play the more they grow.
  • Player growth also decreases as players get older.
  • You can expect approximately the following growth given maximum playing time (30+ games)
  • 18yo 6-7 overall
  • 19yo 5-6 overall
  • 20yo 4-5 overall
  • 21yo 3-4 overall
  • 22yo 2-3 overall
  • 23yo 1-2 overall
  • 24-27 0-1 overall
When you are talking about player growth, is this for their overall rating but does it also indicate growth for each of the individual player physical, instinct and technique ratings also?
I'd say this refers to more or less the Overall rating. Individual ratings can be a bit more variable, some skills occasionally improve in young players by up to 8 points. Some physical attributes like Speed and Strength almost never change until they deteriorate starting around age 32. But Skill ratings can keep improving and almost never deteriorate with age. Instincts can improve moderately but not too much.

1/8/2019 7:56 PM
Working through my first season and have reached signing period. I figured out how to scout and re-sign players. I have scouted a few players(free agents and those on other teams) that I would like to try to negotiate for, but I am not allowed to because my roster is full. Is there any way to release any of my 26 players at this point or do I have to wait for some kind of interim period?
1/14/2019 12:29 PM
Jorba, you will need to wait until some of your players' contracts expire or you transfer some off your squad to open up some roster spots. Trust me, there were many times I would have loved to release a player!

Typically I keep around 20-22 players at the max.
1/14/2019 12:58 PM
OK .. thanks .. that was what I was beginning to think here at the end of my first season.
1/14/2019 2:50 PM
Depending on the stamina of my players, I'll have the minimum 18 up to a max of 20. Ideally, I like having one less sub (per position) than I play in my formation...so if I run a 4-4-2, I like having 3 extra DB, 3 extra MF and 1 extra F.

(gomiami1972 alt ID)
1/14/2019 3:28 PM
You don't carry a back up goal keeper then? Just getting started but looking forward I was thinking 20-23 for a roster. Didn't think you would need a full 26. Again depending on stamina.
1/15/2019 11:50 PM
Posted by ozzzball19 on 1/15/2019 11:50:00 PM (view original):
You don't carry a back up goal keeper then? Just getting started but looking forward I was thinking 20-23 for a roster. Didn't think you would need a full 26. Again depending on stamina.
Goalkeeper is a special case, which is why I didn't list it. I used to carry a 2nd keeper, with decent ratings, to play 10ish games per year. Now, I will play a DB at GK for 3-5 games just to give my starter a break. You can recruit a defensiveman with OK goalie ratings easily enough. Start him at home against a terrible SIM. If your goalie has 65+ stamina (and avoids injury) he should have no problem starting all 38 games...just make sure to drop his fatigue setting down to 50% or less. The default 80% won't cut it.
1/16/2019 8:57 PM
Also for GK you can usually find a decent backup about 28-32 years old that has an overall rating of around 60 that will serve as a backup for pretty cheap. That way you don't have to worry about your fatigue settings and can keep it high so your keeper is 100% or close to it and ready for the big games. Just my 2 cents.

As for roster building I kind of follow what has been said. but I like at least 2 backup at every position other than GK. that gets me to 18 players. then I try and fill another spot at each position with an 18 year old to try and grow and build up for the future.
1/29/2019 4:12 AM
Thanks for the information guys. In like week 34 so getting towards the end of the first season. Looking forward to hopefully improving going into season 2. Will have a lot to sign as I dont plan on keeping but one or two of the first group I signed.
1/29/2019 10:43 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Unofficial Guide Book Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.