Tournament for First Year Clubs Topic

Since we are having so many new users in the past weeks maybe some of those teams would be interested in making a tournament of only clubs that are unassigned to a world or in their first year in a world. It might be a good way to get these teams some games against teams that are of similar ability. I for one am getting frustrated of getting beat 7-1 in every exhibition match against an established team. So...if any first year teams read this and are interested - post here or sitemail me. If you are not a first year club - maybe you post in your world chat letting any first year clubs know about this idea.

I actually have high goals for this tournament and would like to see it grow. With over 1000 teams unassigned to a world there are plenty out there that are eligible. I am just afraid we will lose so many new users because they sign up and it will take 6 months to a year before they get assigned to a world. WIth 350+ new teams in the US it may be longer there. I would like to see it grow in 6-10 team "worlds" that will play their season, then actually do a relegation and promotion system and let teams keep playing until they are assigned to a world. It is a work in progress....but let's see what we can do.

Wait List....once there are 6 we can start another league.
8/9/2010 4:58 AM (edited)
Yeah I think this might be a good idea. I am not assigned to a world yet and have just started.
6/24/2010 12:49 AM
Hey fellas, I think this is a good idea.  Give it awhile to build up, there is a flood of new users coming in right now and it always take new ones time to find their way around to reading the forums.
6/24/2010 7:17 AM
Conquerors FC is interested in the tournament. 
6/26/2010 1:54 PM
Split FC is interested in the tournament as well. Sounds like a great idea!
7/7/2010 12:22 AM
I'm up for it, Bullit Football Club, I'm not in a league yet and joined a while ago. 
7/11/2010 2:11 PM
I'm up for it.
7/12/2010 9:48 AM
Sure, why not, consider FC KAOS in. (Argentina/Unassigned)

If you're still interested in having more
7/12/2010 5:39 PM (edited)
Gowanus YFC would like to join the tournament.
7/13/2010 12:20 PM
just signed up. Id love to figure out the game sooner than. Fidalgo Lions here
7/13/2010 7:32 PM
bump... just one away...
7/16/2010 6:27 PM
I'm interested- sign me up.
7/19/2010 4:41 PM
FULL!
7/19/2010 6:48 PM
Sent out my challenges.

7/20/2010 3:56 AM
trento96 - thanks for getting on board. For the second group -  a sitemail has been sent...please check it out for details about scheduling.
7/20/2010 4:27 AM
Tournament for First Year Clubs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.