Racists!!! Topic

Just saw a story on ESPN.com about all-star representatives from bad teams.

How topical.

And no mention of Garrett Jones.

Just like I said he has McCutchen from the Pirates and Zimmerman from the Nats.  

He also dismisses Strasburg's chances, but brings up Carlos Marmol up as a potential all-star, he's had a ridiculous season and I'd like to see him make it.
6/23/2010 6:48 PM (edited)
Posted by Feamster on 6/23/2010 6:28:00 PM (view original):
The Royals *****-slapped him for 9 hits...argument over.
He was torched for one run along the way too.
Torched for a run?

He pitched 6 innings, gave up one run, walked none, and struck out 9.

95 pitches and 75 strikes?  That's really good.

All the things a pitcher can control he did very well. 

He can't help it that the Royals were 9 for 19 on balls they put in play.

That's almost a .500 BABIP.  That's very unlucky.  League average, year in and year out is right around .300.

I mean we all know a pitcher has very little control over hitter's batting average when they put the ball in play?  right?

He can't win the game but it looks like he pitched another very good game.
6/23/2010 6:47 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
9 hits for the Royals doesn't surprise me. They are leading the league in batting average. The one run doesn't surprise me either because they suck hole with runners in scoring position and have no power at all.
6/23/2010 7:12 PM
If he has 40+ IP, ridiculous K/BB, and a sub-2.50 ERA, he should be on the team.
6/23/2010 11:05 PM
Just like to point out R A Dickey shuts the Tigers down tonight and is now 6-0  2.33era 1.29 WHIP.
6/23/2010 11:30 PM
9 k's and 0 bb's for Strasburg again tonight.  Only time he's had ANY problem with his command at all is the night the mound was all jacked up.
6/24/2010 1:24 AM
Posted by schuyler101 on 6/23/2010 12:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cobra on 6/22/2010 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/22/2010 9:01:00 AM (view original):
I feel strongly both ways.

Dumbasses Morgan and Baker make valid points. To bump a deserving player from a roster spot to make room for Strasburg would not be fair to the guy getting bumped.

On the other hand, nobody gives a **** about the All-Star game, it's just a fairly uninteresting exhibition game. Putting Strasburg on the mound gives the event a little more buzz and might actually create some interest. I'd have a reason to watch, where normally I just tune it out. It might be a good marketing idea for the game.

One last point: what if Strasburg does appear in the game and gets shelled by the AL? What would the reaction be?
You do understand that Joe Morgan has forgotten more baseball than anyone posting on this forum (including me) will ever know, right?
Cobra have you ever read Fire Joe Morgan.  Read it, you may change your opinion.

Joe Morgan was an incredible baseball player, but he's an idiot.

I'd start at the first page of their archive and work forward
You guys think Jim Rome is a good talk show host, and his show is witty don't you.
6/24/2010 6:32 AM
You attracted a lot of boring people with this thread, Mike.

One guy's rambling on like he just found the fangraphs page for the first time ever.

Another guy can't stop talking about Cristian Guzman and RA Dickey even though nobody cares.

Then cobra brings Jim Rome into the equation for no apparent reason.

I'd rather watch another jtpoops-primetime RSF.

6/24/2010 9:27 AM
As for Strasburg, I was very skeptical of the hype and decided I would believe it when I saw it at the ML level.  4 crappy teams but his results are so amazing that I find a very hard time believing that there might be 10 better pitchers in the NL.  Put him in the game, I don't want to see Mike Leake or RA Dickey, anyhow.
6/24/2010 9:30 AM
I can't get past somebody calling giving up 1 run getting torched. Seriously, giving up only 1 run in a major league game seems like it is pretty good to me. Do you really know the definition of torched? Do you?

BABIP numbers do not lie....maybe before you go spouting off about a pitcher getting torched, you should factor in other things like weather and VORP+

if you pitched a game against KC and gave up 1 run in 6 innings would you consider yourself torched? I didn't think so........
6/24/2010 10:44 AM
um, you're talking about Scotty Po there.
6/24/2010 11:10 AM
Posted by cobra on 6/24/2010 6:32:00 AM (view original):
Posted by schuyler101 on 6/23/2010 12:39:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cobra on 6/22/2010 8:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 6/22/2010 9:01:00 AM (view original):
I feel strongly both ways.

Dumbasses Morgan and Baker make valid points. To bump a deserving player from a roster spot to make room for Strasburg would not be fair to the guy getting bumped.

On the other hand, nobody gives a **** about the All-Star game, it's just a fairly uninteresting exhibition game. Putting Strasburg on the mound gives the event a little more buzz and might actually create some interest. I'd have a reason to watch, where normally I just tune it out. It might be a good marketing idea for the game.

One last point: what if Strasburg does appear in the game and gets shelled by the AL? What would the reaction be?
You do understand that Joe Morgan has forgotten more baseball than anyone posting on this forum (including me) will ever know, right?
Cobra have you ever read Fire Joe Morgan.  Read it, you may change your opinion.

Joe Morgan was an incredible baseball player, but he's an idiot.

I'd start at the first page of their archive and work forward
You guys think Jim Rome is a good talk show host, and his show is witty don't you.
Um no.  Jim Rome is about the furthest thing from the Fire Joe Morgan guys that I can think of.

Jim Rome?  Really?

6/24/2010 2:27 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Racists!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.