BUCKS : 37-41, stupid trade made Topic

First major Bucks move of the offseason is to trade Dan Gadzuric and Charlie Bell to Golden State for Corey Maggette.

Gadzuric has only one year left on his deal while Maggette has three years, $30+ million on his.
6/22/2010 5:41 PM
Hard to knock this on milwaukee's end- not like any quality FA's would ever sign with you.  He's a decent replacement for Fish Sticks, and a decent 3rd option with a healthy Bogut and improved Jennings.
6/22/2010 6:14 PM
Maggette is an underrated player in my opinion.  He's a solid 3rd option for the Bucks and a more than decent perimeter defender.
6/22/2010 9:44 PM
Bucks also pick up a second-rounder in the Maggette deal; sounds like Chris Douglas-Roberts is on his way to Milwaukee as well, possibly for "future draft considerations". CDR has been tweeting all day and signing off with "FTD" (FEAR THE DEER!!!)
6/23/2010 6:26 AM
CDR deal is done, reportedly for a second round pick in next year's draft. Still leaves the Bucks with two second-rounders.

So, Gadzuric and Bell for Maggette and CDR. Not a bad 24 hours for Mr. Hammond.
6/23/2010 11:51 AM (edited)
Bucks draft VCU PF Larry Sanders in the first round. A project on the offensive end, but he can alter some shots. It will be nice to have a big body at the 4 but I doubt this guy is the long-term answer there.

With three selections in the second round, the Bucks took New Mexico forward Darington Hobson, Tulsa center Jerome Jordan (who may be moved as part of a deal), and Oklahoma forward Tiny Gallon. Brandon Jennings had selected Gallon at #15 in The Sporting News' mock draft.
6/25/2010 7:03 AM
The CDR trade is (finally) official. The 2012 second-rounder that the Bucks acquired from the Bulls in the Salmons trade goes to New Jersey for CDR.

At first glance the Bucks have not added any decent perimeter shooting to the roster with their draft week maneuvering. Hopefully that indicates they think Salmons/Ridnour will be back.

Second round choice Jerome Jordan is rumored to be a trade target, possibly to New Jersey for $1M.
6/25/2010 1:56 PM
In a not-so-shocking development, John Salmons has opted out of his deal, becoming a free agent.
6/30/2010 7:07 AM
In another not-so-shocking development, the Bucks will bring Carlos Delfino back next year at a cost of $3.5M.
6/30/2010 4:43 PM
The Larry Sanders Show
6/30/2010 4:55 PM
There are reports that the Bucks have agreed on a 5-year, $32M deal with Drew Gooden.
7/1/2010 9:58 AM
Wow.  I don't get that one.
7/1/2010 10:34 AM
Yeah, that's a puzzler. Didn't he take a one-year, $4.5M deal last year? Now he gets five years?
7/1/2010 10:36 AM
He's been on 8 teams in 8 years and gets passed around like a hot potato- he's the quintessential serviceable warm PF body.  And now that his prime is almost over, he gets a LT commitment.  I get the feeling that this may be quite the lucrative offseason for FA's.
7/1/2010 10:43 AM
I don't know... so far there's been no confirmation of this from the Bucks and the local news organizations haven't reported it. This could be a bad report... the original Yahoo Sports report is based on "anonymous sources". How would a guy like Gooden get a five-year deal on the first day of free agency?
7/1/2010 11:39 AM (edited)
1|2|3...15 Next ▸
BUCKS : 37-41, stupid trade made Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.