I've discovered that you can't adjust individual baserunning tendencies.

What would most owners do if you have 3-4 guys you want to be aggressive with?  Set the whole team to normal/aggressive, or go with infrequent to keep your bad runners from cruising into outs all the time?
7/5/2010 11:55 AM
If I have that many guys that can really run I will go aggressive.  If it's 1-2 guys I like average.  That strategy doesn't kill me (ie, my SB% stays around 70%, give or take 5%) but I'm not at all sure it's optimal and I would look for other opinions here.
7/5/2010 12:03 PM
Glad to see only one person has anything to contribute when it comes to baserunning.
7/5/2010 11:15 PM
It's called a "holiday weekend".   Maybe, come Christmas, you should pose a question around 7 AM and complain at 7 PM because no one responds.

Baserunning settings are simple.  Determine what rate you find acceptable and adjust as the season moves along.  If you're getting caught too often, adjust down.  If you're successful more often than you anticipate, adjust up.
7/6/2010 9:25 AM

you can also use the search feature, or comb thru the forums and find a decent amount of conversation on this topic.  It comes up about once a month, so its not going to be hard to find.  Continueing on what Mike & dedleman said, sometimes it depends on the catcher you're up against.  If you take the time to adjust every series, some catchers you can get away w/ a very aggresive setting, while others you might want to play it safe and go average.

7/6/2010 10:18 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/6/2010 9:25:00 AM (view original):
It's called a "holiday weekend".   Maybe, come Christmas, you should pose a question around 7 AM and complain at 7 PM because no one responds.

Baserunning settings are simple.  Determine what rate you find acceptable and adjust as the season moves along.  If you're getting caught too often, adjust down.  If you're successful more often than you anticipate, adjust up.
Sorry if we can't all be on your American schedule. There were other countries in the world without holidays yesterday :P

And has WIS ever given a reason for not having individual settings, like in SIM?  Obviously every runner on an MLB team doesn't run at the same rate or have the same freedom to do so.

7/6/2010 12:14 PM (edited)
They have.  Server issues.

You'll find, on average, that your stealers streal and your slowpokes don't. 
7/6/2010 12:19 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/6/2010 12:14:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/6/2010 9:25:00 AM (view original):

Sorry if we can't all be on your American schedule. There were other countries in the world without holidays yesterday :P

And has WIS ever given a reason for not having individual settings, like in SIM?  Obviously every runner on an MLB team doesn't run at the same rate or have the same freedom to do so.

I don't support non-americans in HBD.
7/6/2010 10:51 PM
Maybe we can build a (fire) wall?
12/5/2016 11:57 AM
I generally start every season with 'average' as my BR setting and adjust at the all-star break if need be. This is one of the few things that I'll use the "team statistics" page to make sure I'm not below league average on CS%-wise. The only time I adjust it is if it's late in the season or in the playoffs based on matchups (poor defensive C, wanting to be aggressive against a superior team in a pitchers park, etc.).
12/8/2016 12:05 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.