Have you ever wondered what it would be like if the Deadball era met the Steroid era? Great pitching against some great hitting? Bad fielders with no power against speedy outfielders who hit 40? Well, in this league you can find out. We will start in 1900 and 1980 and work our way up. The Deadball era which took place from 1900-1919 was notorious for it's lack of offense and more noteworthy, it's lack of power. The steroid era was and arguably still is known for it's high offense and long home runs. When the Steroid era began can be argued, but we will say 1988 just because of a Mr. Canseco. The reason i am starting this league in 1900 and 1980 rather then say 1910/1990 is so we get more use out of the modern players before their WIF "lives" run out and so that we get an extra 10 seasons out of the Deadball era.

The deadball/steroid era Progressive began in 1900/1980, We are now looking for a new owner for Season 28(1927/2007).     Owners include, Biglenr; mensu1954; Bootone; billyho1515; bluetufts; reddevil19; ljemd.   That's just to name a few.

We have a great group of owners and i would like to add to that. I know some people are just dishonest, but i really ask that only dedicated owners apply for this team. I would really like to keep this league going strong, rather then having a rotating door for certain teams every season.

Rules are basic and simple
*24 teams
*serpant draft 1-24, 24-1 and the 1st year draft order will be determined using random.org
*unlimited keepers
*2 players on I.R. allowed(Players must not be eligible in sim for that season)
*no salary cap
*yes DH
*no AAA
*trades are allowed
*You May trade draft picks in the initial draft and up to 1 season in advance
*you will select a stadium upon signing up that was around during either 1900 or 1980 and must keep that stadium until it is no longer available
*your team name should reflect the city or state in which your team plays
*In the case that two teams are tied with the same record there will be a tiebreaker. The initial tiebreaker will be H2H record, if that is the same we will then go to to runs scored. The team which loses in the H2H will get the higher draft slot.
*For a trade to be vetoed it will take 6 votes, however during the offseason there will be no veto system.
*In the event a player is not listed on the available players list, but is available in the WIF database for that season, please sitemail me before making the pick. If i missed that player, they are eligible. However, if a player played in 1979, but missed 1980, you must wait for his next eligible season. In other words, a player must be available in the WIF database for that season to be drafted.

The following seasons draft order will be determined by your record at the end of the season. Every draft after season 1 will not be serpant style. It will go 1-24, 1-24 and so on. Only the initial draft will be serpant. To try and discourage anyone from tanking there will be a 4 team draft lottery using random.org. The lottery will not be weighted, all 4 teams have an equal chance at the number one pick. You must win 40 games by the end of the season to qualify for the lottery. If you don't win 40 games you will automatically receive the 4th pick. If two teams fail to win 40, the team with the least wins will receive the 4th, 2nd least the 3rd. Hopefully that will not come into play.

Disputes: In the event of a dispute where there is no operative rule or guideline, or if their interpretation is unclear, the commissioner will make a ruling. If three or more owners object to the ruling, the commissioner’s view does not stand and the issue is brought to all the owners through a vote which will be notified to all owners through a sitemail.
• Rules Change: These can be discussed at any time. The first owner to want a rule change should start a thread and we’ll use that going forward to discuss any changes. However, in order to protect owners from having to vote constantly or on frivolous issues, a proposal to make, modify or eliminate a rule must be seconded by three or more owners in addition to the proposing owner before it can be voted on.
• Voting: Each owner gets one vote. Majority rules on all votes. Majority mean the majority of owners who vote, not the majority of owners. However there must be at least 14 votes cast on any issue for the vote to be valid. The commissioner does not vote unless there is a tie; then he/she is the deciding vote. The commissioner does however set the time deadline within which the voting must take place.

Also, after season 5, there will be $50 given out. It will be divided like this...
$15 to the team with the most regular season wins
$15 to the team with the most post season wins
$10 to the team with the best team ERA
$10 to the team with the most home runs
11/4/2014 2:01 PM (edited)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Come on down.... The water is fine.  I've been taking a beating the last 3 years, and my team is finally ready to do some beating on others!
7/21/2010 7:21 AM
Let';s not beg... we have some solid teams here...
7/27/2010 7:38 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Solid league, commisioner, and owners...this is a great chance to get in for the long haul.
8/13/2011 10:14 PM
I'll take it...
9/23/2011 7:53 PM
I'll take the Cleveland Indians if they are still available.
1/30/2012 7:51 PM
I would be interested in the Houston Astros if you still need an owner.
7/19/2012 9:56 PM
I'll take the team if you'll have me, this offense has been tempting me all week. Looks like a fun combo of years.
3/20/2013 4:11 PM
OK i'm return !!!
1/21/2014 4:44 PM
I am the former owner of the Arlington team, I left because I have too many progressives and I don't love the modern players. I will say that this team is stacked for next season and several more, and has long term stability at 2B, SS, 3B, OF, and a deep staff. I lost interest this season and it's a .500 team, so you will add another good piece. I won three straight division titles before this season, and with the right owner this team can compete for a WS right away.
5/24/2014 1:14 PM
Great league, great owners.

5/29/2014 6:53 PM
This league has been rolling on for quite a while. Not to mention either of these two teams could contend this year.
6/4/2014 10:54 PM
I can take on Arlington Assault.  Name to be changed, but will stay in Tejas
6/12/2014 1:54 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.