Diamonds in the Rough? Topic

I have one, what do I need to know about this? Thanks!
7/10/2010 7:38 PM
He has new projections.  Other than that, nothing.
7/10/2010 7:40 PM
Ah, ok thanks!
7/10/2010 7:49 PM
And he will probably still be worth it.

On another note, is there any way to check if a player has been a DITR in the past? If not, there should be.
7/10/2010 9:06 PM
I always make a player note stating what season a guy was a DITR in. I agree they should definitely build some such note into the game, however.
7/12/2010 12:57 AM
Posted by prezuiwf on 7/12/2010 12:57:00 AM (view original):
I always make a player note stating what season a guy was a DITR in. I agree they should definitely build some such note into the game, however.
Why?

Other than the fact that his projections have changed, there really isn't anything "different" about the guy.  DITR designation is really nothing more than trivia after it occurs.
7/12/2010 6:15 AM
I usually keep my ADV SC pretty low, so I also make that note to keep an eye on guys who may now have an outside shot at a ML job who didn't have a chance before.
7/12/2010 7:17 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/12/2010 6:15:00 AM (view original):
Posted by prezuiwf on 7/12/2010 12:57:00 AM (view original):
Why?

Other than the fact that his projections have changed, there really isn't anything "different" about the guy.  DITR designation is really nothing more than trivia after it occurs.
Yeah, but it's still interesting trivia. It also makes it a lot easier to track progress-- in real life a team will know if a late-round guy is looking like a huge steal, so why shouldn't there be a notation saying that a guy is projecting to be a lot more than his draft status would indicate? It's not like we're changing the game engine here but it's still a cosmetic change I think a lot of people would like.
7/12/2010 10:13 AM
Make it a line-item in the player's transaction history then. Seems like a simple change.
7/12/2010 10:15 AM
Yes, but are they "more fun"?
7/12/2010 10:18 AM
Only if they all became HOFers.
7/12/2010 10:29 AM
At least they all don't retire at the end of the season any more.
7/12/2010 12:14 PM
Wouldn't it be more interesting if maybe once every couple seasons someone gets a DITR that would project as an all star caliber major leaguer. In "real" baseball guys come out of nowhere it should happen here. On a similar note, I think each draft should have a player drafted below round 10 (just throwing a round out there)that WIS selects at random who develops into a legit major leaguer. It would make the draft more interesting to try and identify players outside the top 100. Right now very rarely after round 5 do you get a legit major leaguer.
7/12/2010 1:02 PM
I'd be happy if every once in a while a DITR projected as a  useful major leaguer, let alone an all star caliber player
7/12/2010 1:09 PM
Posted by brysoc on 7/12/2010 1:02:00 PM (view original):
Wouldn't it be more interesting if maybe once every couple seasons someone gets a DITR that would project as an all star caliber major leaguer. In "real" baseball guys come out of nowhere it should happen here. On a similar note, I think each draft should have a player drafted below round 10 (just throwing a round out there)that WIS selects at random who develops into a legit major leaguer. It would make the draft more interesting to try and identify players outside the top 100. Right now very rarely after round 5 do you get a legit major leaguer.
It'd also be more interesting if first round picks were sometimes busts for no discernible reason.
7/12/2010 1:36 PM
123456 Next ▸
Diamonds in the Rough? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.