Diamonds in the Rough? Topic

Posted by ghutton9 on 7/14/2010 5:39:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to see the DITR guys get a rating bump, not a projection bump. With the projection bump, they still have to reach it to be worth anything and that rarely happens. I had a 25 yr old pitcher that was a DITR. Like he was ever going to get to the projections.
I'd actually like to see something like this during spring training, where player(s) made a relatively large leap toward their projections and earn a spot on the 25-man roster. That's not at all uncommon in real life, and would add something fun to look forward to during the most boring week of the HBD season. Maybe the notification could come halfway through spring training, just to make things more interesting.

I'm not talking about your 20-year-old stud prospect turning into circa-2001 Albert Pujols, but more like a nice-looking RP prospect becoming one of your 12 or 13 best pitchers, or a 25-year-old MIF gaining enough ratings points to make him worth adding to the roster. This would have to happen with a lot less frequency than DITR, and with similarly underwhelming results (but not always!).
1/13/2011 7:25 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Tim Hudek

He'll make his ML debut sometime next year.  I hope the poor VsL rating doesnt hurt.  

A way you can tell if a guy is a DITR would be checking where he was drafted.  Guys with ratings that could put them in the ML's that were drafted 791st overall... probably were DITR.  Hudek went 378th in the draft, but with those ratings he has now.... he'd probably be a top 15 pick. 
1/13/2011 8:32 PM
I've noticed that you can also spot a DITR when a player has odd development, like OVR progression of 35-38-41-47-54.  If he's got that and low splits (DITR's all seem to be very low split guys), then the guy is probably a past DITR.

In my limited experience, I've noticed that DITRs do seem to be able to add points later in their careers when most others have stopped by their 4th or 5th pro season.

I've tried to look at all of my DITRs and figure out if there is anything similar about them that would give you a hint that a player could become a DITR, but other than low splits (and mostly pitchers) I haven't found anything.
1/13/2011 9:20 PM
Posted by keithjs on 1/13/2011 9:20:00 PM (view original):
I've noticed that you can also spot a DITR when a player has odd development, like OVR progression of 35-38-41-47-54.  If he's got that and low splits (DITR's all seem to be very low split guys), then the guy is probably a past DITR.

In my limited experience, I've noticed that DITRs do seem to be able to add points later in their careers when most others have stopped by their 4th or 5th pro season.

I've tried to look at all of my DITRs and figure out if there is anything similar about them that would give you a hint that a player could become a DITR, but other than low splits (and mostly pitchers) I haven't found anything.
I'm pretty sure "low splits" is not a determining factor for becoming a DITR.  It's a low projected OVR rating that is the threshhold.  Somewhere in the mid-50's, I think.

Most DITR's that become ML quality are either RP's or low-durability catchers.
1/13/2011 9:52 PM
When do DITR's hit, exactly. I know it is after the All Star game, but it is in between the All Star game and the futures game? Or, possibly after the futures game?
12/23/2017 11:13 AM
After all the All Star events but prior to the next scheduled game.
12/23/2017 11:26 AM
At the 7am cycle, between the Futures Game and the first regular season game after the break.
12/23/2017 6:55 PM
Thanks, guys. Do you know if the below status of a player will effect his ability to obtain a DITR?
1. Injured
2. Deactivated
12/24/2017 8:36 AM
The player must be active.
12/24/2017 8:54 AM
Thank you.
12/24/2017 10:12 PM
I would agree with a post about lower rated players being best candidates for DITR. I wish though that the history would stay with IFA players instead of the 0. Last season I signed an 18 year old guy from Ireland, low value, very low splits. He was at the time of signing in the 36 orr 37 range in terms of rating if memory serves. He was a relief pitcher and my wife loves Ireland, so thus the signing. Then boom, my 150K shot in the dark gets massives DITR, jumps to 44 rating. Began this spring at 49, is up to 53 and projected high 70's after his DITR. the way he continues to develop, he potentially has shot at being in the big league bullpen in 3-4 seasons.
12/25/2017 3:48 AM
I will keep that in mind. Thanks.
12/25/2017 10:02 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
So 'mo bettah players that you played no real part in acquiring/developing? Just a random lottery, more or less?

No thanks.
12/26/2017 1:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Diamonds in the Rough? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.