World 90 just added 3 countries.  Why did they not make these 2nd divisions instead of more 1st divisions?
7/17/2010 8:34 PM
and how are we suppose to add FA without having to put in the bank for them, when there are not enough quality players for every teams needs. I don't mind the extra countries just not enough players for everyone is the problem. I can see where they are going adding more countries maybe they will make a world cup type of tournament since we are getting all these countries.
7/17/2010 8:58 PM
Actually I am 99% sure that the new added countries will have separate signing pool. Same thing happened with my alt team, they added 1st Mexican division,but never found player good to be signed from Mexico.

Also think that is way better to be added 2nd divisions and to be reduced number on the ghost worlds.

7/17/2010 9:46 PM
Sorry hamlet96,but we have one more :)
7/18/2010 9:35 AM
The process is set up to add new leagues/divisions based on how long and how many teams have been waiting.  I thought it should have added a few of these as second divisions to existing leagues, but I'll have to look at the numbers to see exactly why they are new leagues.It might be that there were just enough people waiting to hit the "new league" numbers.  The World building process is trying to balance breadth and depth as well as not make new users wait too long to join leagues.

I agree that the process should be looking towards 2nd divisions right now, so I'll see what was going on, but it probably fell to where the new users were waiting X number of days and did not get pulled into an existing league or new divisions, so the only thing left was a new league for the country.

The new leagues will not affect your FA market initially.  As the new league gets closer to its 8th season, it will start producing better players, so you will be competing against more clubs for top players, but there will also be more top players.  Also, these new clubs are only competing against each other and do not need top FA players.  They are essentially season 1 teams and leagues.  As they get more seasons, their money will increase and so will the wrold's competition for the top players.

The final vision of how the game works best is to have many countires with multiple divisions.  We eventually want to have international competition and that works best with many countries in a world.

I am prepping some worlds in test to test consolidation, but there is still a lot of work to do to make sure consolidation runs smoothly and isn't too tough to pull off.  As I work on that, I'll take a look at the code to produce new leagues vs new divisions and see if I can balance that a little better to go for new divisions.
7/18/2010 12:07 PM
Despite having at least 60 or 70 people on the waitlist when World 85 Brazil rolled over, they appeared not to have gotten a second division. This is based on the small number the waitlist dropped by, so somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

However another Brazil just got added to World 91 (after being added to World 90 already). And with Worlds 69 & 70 in weeks 44 & 45, I'm starting to worry that even with 49 still on the wait list, we won't get second divisions either.
7/18/2010 5:05 PM
nubert, the problem is that after few season all this 1st divisions will be SIM owned, I think that you all ready saw my reply at the topic for the 2nd division. After 2 seasons the league was dead, no stadiums, no players - and SIM league winner. Right now you are creating more ghost worlds than the opposite, and I will be really happy if my prediction is wrong.
7/18/2010 10:30 PM
i just wish i knew how long my wait was going to be - or i wish i could change countries to try and shorten my wait.
7/19/2010 3:42 AM
There is always a balance of trying to create new leagues or divisions while making sure old ones refill with real users.  We have several worlds that turnover one after the other with some of the same countries, so we want to try to avoid the first world sucking up all the new clubs and not leaving any for the worlds after them.  However, it seems that the threshold for waiting for a new country to be added to a world along with the timing of the new user clubs seems to created new leagues in worlds where I thought it would have added those new users to an existing league or create a new division for those leagues.  I'd have to check into it some more to determine why they were added as they were.

The entire league joining process is one that needs to be reviewed and probably re-thunk.  We don't have any other games that BUILD worlds and trying to let them build dynamically on their own has proven to be an enormous pain.  Since it is dynamic, we can't tell you it will take X number of days before you are in a league.  The most we can do is tell you the maximum you will have to wait which I'm not sure tells you much at all.  We do send an email when your club is placed in a league to let you know when it happens, so you should at least get that notification.  Whenever we consolidate worlds, it will help with the empty leagues, but it won't fix the problem of the dynamic world building.

Consolidation aside, we really need to overhaul the league joining process to promote more stable world growth. I can't promise anything, but we'll have an FCD discussion here to see when we could schedule some time to work on it.  With so many things on the list, if we do get any time to work on it, I'll make sure I let you guys give some input on the priority of things.
7/19/2010 11:12 AM
Oh, the other thing about not knowing when you will join a league is that we do not know how many spots are going to be available in a world until the world rollover, as that's the time where we clear out abandoned teams.  We'll figure something out to make it more smooth.
7/19/2010 11:55 AM
What I don't understand is why world 89 now has 5 nations, 90 has 7 nations, world 91 has 8, while 20 other worlds only have three countries, and the other 11 have 4 countries.  Shouldn't the distribution be more even?
7/19/2010 3:24 PM
worlds 89,90,91 just rollover and they decide to add the waiting user into. The idea is great, the problem is that  80% from this new users are  not active and they want stay for more than 1 season. Also I am not sure how will affect the FA pool quality and number on generated players.
7/19/2010 3:35 PM
The reason that you suddenly see the new worlds gaining more countries is due to the timing of when the new users joined, and it is now hitting that threshold where it says the new users have been waiting long enough and have not been placed in an existing league, so make a new league for them.

The process needs to change to where it looks at all world when one world rolls over, so it can handle the cases where it knows that another ENG league is coming up in another World versus an Israeli league where there is only one in any of the Worlds.  It's pretty much impossible to get new leagues, new divisions, AND not make new users wait too long.  When we look at consolidation, it will actually work out better if there are not multiple division leagues at the time we merge worlds.
7/19/2010 4:07 PM
norbert, is it possible to delay a couple of worlds an extra few days to try and make it closer to having new worlds roll over continuously instead of there being 20+ days with no new leagues and then 10 world rollovers in about 7 days?  I think this might help with the dynamic issues.

That being said, I am happy to see things like this happen because it lets us all see how things will work and play out.  Everyone was upset about the player pool and now market forces are making it pretty clear players worth in the new economics.  All of a sudden, I am seeing a LOT of transfers.  Then, people said the young guys all stunk and then people realized even 40 OVR guys with lots of games played turn into 60 OVR guys and can be pretty darn good by 23 or 24.  All in all, we are seeing all of the game mechanics play out so that we know what to fix and not fix.  I have said all along that the gameplay and management functions have actually worked out really well. Who cares if the players are all 30 overall.  As long as we all fight for the same players, market forces make it interesting either way.

The only HUGE issue we need to determine is what to do about the new owners and I think norbert has his pulse on the matter.

7/20/2010 12:51 AM
Personally, I'm on the fence about 2nd divisions, etc. I don't mind having a few worlds with a large number of countries in them. My problem with multiple divisions would be how difficult it would be to rise and fall. I know it's very difficult right now for new teams to grow (due to high free agency prices among other things). I have found in the worlds I'm in that most teams would rather keep their roster the same than transfer players in and out too. One world that I'm in has almost no transfers. If you look at soccer leagues in real life around the world, many of them are dominated by a few teams (in England: Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and a couple others; in Scotland: Celtic and Rangers) and my concern would be that something similar would happen in FCD in that case. I may be in the minority (and I hope I'm not) but I'm fine with the game the way it is now. It's not perfect, but it's worth my 10 minutes or so per day (more during free agency). And I find ways to make it interesting. For instance, my Belgian team competes in a domestic cup every year (which I run). I just wouldn't want to see any fixes make things worse, not that I believe that is what is going to happen.
7/20/2010 6:59 PM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.