just another example - he got hurt in 12 and I forgot to take him off the DL in 13 (took over the franchise) and he sat for 100+ days past the time he was eligible to come off the DL gaining points.  I would have left him on the DL if I realized it was happening to see how much he could grow, but I didn't look at this ratings until after I took him off: http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=2648798

3/8/2011 3:13 PM
I'm finding guys all over the place in other worlds.  Just go to any random league's DL report, select all levels and all franchises.  Sort by the date added to the DL so you can find the guys added to the DL at world roll-over.  If they are getting the bump, they are usually the first guys listed and it seems they were all on the 60-day DL at world roll-over.
3/8/2011 5:10 PM
It's too bad.  This is a really cool game but I get the sense that Fox Sports makes no money on it.  So they scrimp on support, never update the UI or add functionality other than minor tweaks.  I run a corporate website for a living and I would guess that they have one developer (maybe two) for all games, and everything runs on autopilot until it breaks.  And that developer probably handles user support as well as bug fixing, which leads to the nasty exchanges written about here.

Personally I'd give up my $1 or $3 credit for coming in 3rd and 4th in order to pay for a full time support agent.
3/8/2011 5:53 PM
There's more than one person in support.  Or at least there was.  In my experience, the first response is almost useless.  Like it's been farmed out to India or Peggy.  If you're persistent, it's bumped up the ladder and future responses are actually worth reading.   However, in all fairness, I imagine 95% of the tickets are like this:

why is the gyy bad he gor all the guood statstic butt cabt paly what is rong

After reading about 2 of those, I'd give useless replies.
3/8/2011 6:13 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/8/2011 6:13:00 PM (view original):
There's more than one person in support.  Or at least there was.  In my experience, the first response is almost useless.  Like it's been farmed out to India or Peggy.  If you're persistent, it's bumped up the ladder and future responses are actually worth reading.   However, in all fairness, I imagine 95% of the tickets are like this:

why is the gyy bad he gor all the guood statstic butt cabt paly what is rong

After reading about 2 of those, I'd give useless replies.
You forgot the bad link to the player.

Actually, after reading the above, I've decided that's a real ticket, and Mike is therefore probably Customer Support.  We've never seen him and CS in the same place, right?

Either that, or he's hacked into the support database for the purpose of sending amusingly nasty bogus responses to tickets like that.
3/8/2011 6:51 PM
I'd almost pay them to let me answer those with no filter.
3/8/2011 7:33 PM
Start the 'Subit a ticket to Miket23 Thread' now!
3/9/2011 2:51 AM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jack Simmons

This is another example.  This guy's stam and dur are both higher than before the injury.  He was done progressing before he got hurt.  I can't recall seeing this with a position player.

I only remember pitchers getting the huge bumps from the training bug.  Did it happen for position players as well.
3/9/2011 1:39 PM
I haven't submitted a ticket since my one in August, where they acknowledged the problem and said they were looking into it.
3/9/2011 1:42 PM
So are you eligible for the fantasy bump if the 60 day period ends before rollover but you just leave the guy on the DL in "green" status during the rollover?
3/10/2011 10:54 PM
Don't know, I'm testing that out now.
3/10/2011 10:57 PM
Cool - let us know what you find out.
3/11/2011 9:08 PM
Here is one of my test cases: Jose Diaz
3/12/2011 2:25 PM
He's recovered, but still not eligible to come off the DL.  He's gained points in categories he shouldn't have.  My goal is to leave him on the DL all next season as well and see what happens.
3/12/2011 2:27 PM
I think I've stumbled across something.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Miguel Lee

6 year pro.  Career highs in Range, Speed and Baserunning coming off a hamstring injury.  Sitting on the 60 day DL.    I only have 16m in medical. 

Seems the specific type of injury recovers the ratings you'd expect to be damaged beyond the previous levels regardless of the budget.  But, unless I'm wrong, 20m accelerates the recovery.
3/24/2011 11:27 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.