in my opinion, I haven't seen anything that suggests a higher medical budget makes any difference.  I also have not seen position players gain points in anything other than the categories you listed.  MikeT may be on to something with the leg injuries for position players because those are the only ones I have ever seen affected by the bug.
4/5/2011 11:49 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2011 8:59:00 AM (view original):

Power, arm strength and durability in-season(while on the 60 day).  Career highs.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Rob Gold

this is an interesting one...I haven't seen this type of improvement on a position player.
4/5/2011 11:52 AM

My guys are getting bumps with 16-17m.   I've not seen an example of a player getting a "surprise" bump with 13m.   20m does seem to provide bigger returns. 

The last guy I posted had a neck injury.  He gained power and arm strength.   He was a position player.

4/5/2011 11:53 AM
And that's a neck injury; the correlation between type of injury and categories of development may be real.
4/5/2011 11:55 AM
I'm going to hold at $13M and report back.
4/5/2011 11:56 AM
It makes sense that the type of injury would determine the specific ratings affected by the medical bug, since the type of injury determines the specific ratings that took a hit because of injury, i.e leg injuries affect speed and baserunning, arm/shoulder injuries affect arm strength, arm accuracy and velocity, etc.
4/5/2011 12:04 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/5/2011 11:53:00 AM (view original):

My guys are getting bumps with 16-17m.   I've not seen an example of a player getting a "surprise" bump with 13m.   20m does seem to provide bigger returns. 

The last guy I posted had a neck injury.  He gained power and arm strength.   He was a position player.

this is my counter.  This team only has $13 mil in medical and I am really confident this the bug:

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=3324482
4/5/2011 2:12 PM
same team ($13 mil in medical), different player.  Almost certain this is the beginning of the bug...it has all the improvement signs.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=755859
4/5/2011 2:19 PM
I wasn't claiming that 13m couldn't work just that I hadn't seen it.   The first player is a good example, not so sure about the 2nd.
4/5/2011 2:43 PM
give him a full season on the DL...I'm banking on him coming back better than he ever was.
4/5/2011 5:00 PM
Maybe but he's still way below his pre-injury numbers.
4/5/2011 5:23 PM
I've got my fingers crossed.  Here is a summary of the bug so far...feel free to add to this:
1) Player on 60 day DL.
2) Single point rating increase in major categories every injury recovery cycle.
3) Rating categories that see increase seem correlated to type of injury.
4) May be related to medical budget (inconclusive)
5) No upper limit to recovery and age is not a factor.
4/5/2011 6:03 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Thomas Benard

that guy got hit by a bus 67 games into the season, and went straight to the 60-day DL.. not one Injury Recovery cycle until the end of the season, which agrees with every instance I've seen with this bug: it only happens when the injury was the previous season, yet lasts into the current season.

I've submitted tickets in the past asking why my guys aren't receiving periodic Injury Recovery cycles, and used to get responses like "we'll see to it," and then boom, he'd get an update with +0 across the board.

The last time I submitted a ticket of that very nature, no response - the ticket has been pending for 2+ months..

4/5/2011 9:41 PM
...actually it might have been 75~80 games into the season, since the poor kid was on the 7-day before that..
Toronto has 16M in Medical, but I've seen this same "lack-of-bug" with 20M..

4/5/2011 9:44 PM
Here's a more "sexy" poster-child for what we're calling the medical bug. 27-year-old guy got injured for 7 days (hamstring) and put on 15-day DL. He's not yet eligible to come off the DL, but he has fully recovered from the injury and gotten an Injury Recovery line.

He's now the fastest man I've seen since the training bug, boasting a speed of 101.

Ken Griffin

4/10/2011 4:01 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.