I just rolled over and simmy took back 3 STAM and 4 DUR from the guy I had last season.  All of his skill ratings maintained their injury boost, but the STAM and DUR went away.  Very odd.
5/3/2011 1:58 PM
I'm wondering if this maybe really did get fixed.

Torey Sanchez blew out his elbow last season, in the last season of his contract.  He was still hurt going into the FA signing period, so I snagged him right before the Rule 5 draft with the intent of keeping him on the DL all season and making him into a useful playoff reliever.

As you can see, when he got to 1 day before recovery, he got his expected, properly programmed recovery bump.  But in his first regular season cycle he gained nothing-- and my the usual "medical bug rules" I would have expected a gain there.  The only thing that's maybe different here is that that cycle occurred before he was eligible to come off the 60-day.  But if he doesn't gain anything in his next development cycle I'm going to assert that the bug has been fixed (or doesn't work all that well with $13M medical).

Which, by the way, would be fine with me.  If you try to exploit a bug in the programming you damn well better not whine if it gets fixed and you're left high and dry.
5/9/2011 1:30 PM
I don't know if it proves much.  He was my guy last season that was recovering with what I thought looked like the bug.  I was very close to resigning him to see if he would continue to gain points - which you ended up doing for me, so thanks!  But look at this guy: http://whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=3622700 - he is showing all the signs of the bug affecting position players.  I just need one more recovery cycle with a bump above any of his previous spreed related ratings and I will be convinced it is still active.  
5/10/2011 1:04 PM
I dont believe it either.  You must have some sort of WIS juice to get these huge boosts.
5/10/2011 10:40 PM
The two most compelling cases I have seen in my main world were both with teams that had 20m in medical.
5/11/2011 1:31 PM
I guess, if you can't be bothered to click a link on this page and see a 33 y/o pitcher with his best DUR/STM in his career, you can't be convinced.
5/11/2011 2:26 PM
How much in medical?
5/15/2011 3:25 PM
20m
5/15/2011 5:51 PM
5/18/2011 12:07 AM
And yes, I have 20 medical.  Am I missing anything or is this fixed?
5/18/2011 12:09 AM
5/18/2011 7:05 AM
I have to stop thinking about this, because it's starting to drive me nuts.  I know there are triggers that make this happen and figuring out the rules behind it is difficult to say the least.  Just when you think you figured it out, someone posts someone who goes against the "rules".
5/18/2011 9:41 AM
Judging from my guy and lippo's, they got nice boosts a couple of times to set career highs in a few categories but didn't get a third boost.    I've got no reason to remove Billingsley so I'll keep him on the 60. 

My guy Forbes got two boosts and still has 8 days left on the DL.  We'll see what happens with him on Friday. 
5/18/2011 11:10 AM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.