Drafting players out of position Topic

How do you draft a player at a position other than his main position
7/27/2010 8:59 AM
Forgot how to darft a player at a different position....any help would be appreciated
7/27/2010 9:00 AM
draft a scrub at the position then draft the oop guy as a bench.
7/27/2010 11:15 AM
don't want to do that...can't waste the pick....i know there is a way to do it by changing some numbers
7/27/2010 12:17 PM

The way to draft out of position is as follows:
-search for the player you want, and right click on the green plus sign by his name
-selecet copy link or copy shortcut
-paste that into the address window
-it should read javascript:selectplayer(some number,
-change that number to whatever draft spot you want that pick to take
- 1 is C, 2 is 1B, 3 is 2B, 4 is 3B, 5 is SS, 6-8 are the OF spots

7/27/2010 1:23 PM
thats what i was looking for....thank you much
7/27/2010 2:02 PM
...bump...
8/20/2021 2:59 PM
No need to bump threads like this, usually. The answer to this question, and many others, are linked in the FAQ thread that is pinned at the top of the page.
8/20/2021 3:18 PM
Posted by XJchessman on 7/27/2010 1:24:00 PM (view original):

The way to draft out of position is as follows:
-search for the player you want, and right click on the green plus sign by his name
-selecet copy link or copy shortcut
-paste that into the address window
-it should read javascript:selectplayer(some number,
-change that number to whatever draft spot you want that pick to take
- 1 is C, 2 is 1B, 3 is 2B, 4 is 3B, 5 is SS, 6-8 are the OF spots

That's true, you can do it by changing the header,. But it's not as much of an advantage as you might think.Maybe for a !B in extreme circumstances but 1B are the most favorably priced so why bother?. An SS can play 2B or 3B reasonably but they're not typically priced favorably.Likewise an IF can play OF but suggested only as a fill-in not for permanent play. You don't want anybody but a C playing C unless you like Passed Balls.
8/21/2021 6:27 PM
I must be doing something wrong.

Trying to draft Jimmy Rollins into my 3B slot. I right click on the green plus sign. I copy the link address...

javascript:SelectPlayer(9,2225237,"Rollins","Jimmy",2007,0,0,-1)

I change the 9 to a 5, and enter into the address window. All I get is the answer to a google search.

Can somebody help me?

9/24/2021 9:36 AM
The number for 3B is 4 - (c-1b-2b-3b-ss)

Although that answer is over 11 years old............... something may have changed.
I tried this and it did not work, but the directions found in the FAQ thread did work.

After you copy the URL for Rollins, go to the draft center and drop Rollins, then *click to draft* the 3B slot, then paste the URL, then change the 5 to a 4.
9/24/2021 12:04 PM (edited)
The way I do it is go to any open UTIL spot, search for the player I want and then change the URL in the browser from whichever number it is to the number I want (in this case 9 to 4) and then it will refresh the page and when I add Rollins it will be at 3B
9/24/2021 3:21 PM
I often do it in progressives leagues when there isn't much available at the spot I need. But progressives are a whole 'nother animal.
9/24/2021 6:12 PM
Drafting players out of position Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.