Home/Away Lineups Topic

I'm finding lately - mostly in progressives, where my lineups are deeper - my lineups fluctuate based on home and away more so than L/R.  After the all-star break, I'll look and notice that 3-4 of my guys are atrocious at home and great on the road or vice versa.  It would really help to have the option of setting different lineups for home and away so I don't have to manually switch each series.

Has this been mentioned/given any consideration before?
8/10/2010 6:01 PM
Amazingly, I agree 100% with JPTard. Being able to set home/away lineups would be great.
8/10/2010 7:25 PM
Go JTard! Woot! Woot!
8/11/2010 9:08 AM
How many others would be interested in this?  Going from 2/4 lineups to 4/8 makes the game so much more cumbersome. Not from development perspective, but from user perspective. That's a lot to manage.
8/31/2010 3:46 PM
I'd be interested in this.  I don't think I would use home/away very often, but having the option would be great.
8/31/2010 3:54 PM
Going from 2/4 lineups to 4/8 makes the game so much more cumbersome.

I agree.  Not really worth it, in my opinion.
8/31/2010 5:23 PM
It seems like long ago I remember thinking, "Hey, today it would be nice if I could have home/away lineups." But...I can't remember why and it was only once. I really don't think I'd use it.
9/1/2010 11:47 PM
Like I said, I notice it a lot in progressives, where I can't always tailor my team to my park.  If I'm in an extreme park for singles that cuts down on HR, for example, I may have 3 OF who are heavy on singles, and a 4th who is a .250 hitter with 40-50 HR.  If I go on the road to a park that suppresses singles and boosts HR, then I want that 4th OF starting. Without the home/away lineup option, sometimes I forget when I go on the road that I want to make that switch. 

As for being cumbersome...if you don't want to use it, all you have to do is click on "set to all lineups" at the beginning of the season, and that's it.
9/2/2010 1:55 PM
Because of potential "cumbersomeness", rather then enforce usage of all lineup variants, I could see simply adding functionality where users could choose how the wanted to split their lineups. Probably set in Managerial Settings somewhere.

Possibilities*:
-One lineup (regardless of anything)
-Two lineups -- LHP/RHP splits
-Two lineups -- Home/Away splits
-Four lineups -- HomeLHP/HomeRHP/AwayLHP/AwayRHP
-If anyone could think of any other reason lineups may want/need to be split... that too.

*Note that these assume DH is constant (either Yes or No for both leagues). If DH is not constant, then obviously each possibility would have twice the number of lineups I mention here.
10/1/2010 1:01 PM (edited)
I agree with JPTard (again!)--this feature would be great for progressive leagues, where many positions are platooned.

The park I'm playing in has much more impact on who plays than whether the opposing pitcher is a righty/lefty--in fact, I never even use the lefty/righty criteria when deciding who plays.
9/3/2010 11:16 AM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 8/31/2010 3:46:00 PM (view original):
How many others would be interested in this?  Going from 2/4 lineups to 4/8 makes the game so much more cumbersome. Not from development perspective, but from user perspective. That's a lot to manage.
I wouldn't think so much to manage, you set it once and then you are done and can change it when it comes up as needed just like you would with left/right lineups.
9/18/2010 8:24 PM
Posted by crazystengel on 8/31/2010 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Going from 2/4 lineups to 4/8 makes the game so much more cumbersome.

I agree.  Not really worth it, in my opinion.
I also agree.  It's not like you go from home to away on a game by game basis. 
9/22/2010 2:23 AM
This is something I'm sure I would use regularly and would gladly welcome...
9/30/2010 1:37 PM
I find it hard to believe something like this still hasn't been implemented. The argument that it's cumbersome is weak. You set it once at the beginning of the season, and adjust as needed. And if you plan to use the same lineup at home as on the road, it's even easier.

What's truly cumbersome is having to watch my schedule and adjust my lineup at the start of every home and away series to reflect the platoons I have in place, or seasonal performance (guy turns out to be awful in my home park, so I only want him playing road games).

This is something that would definitely be useful to a lot of owners.
5/31/2017 12:40 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 5/31/2017 12:41:00 PM (view original):
I find it hard to believe something like this still hasn't been implemented. The argument that it's cumbersome is weak. You set it once at the beginning of the season, and adjust as needed. And if you plan to use the same lineup at home as on the road, it's even easier.

What's truly cumbersome is having to watch my schedule and adjust my lineup at the start of every home and away series to reflect the platoons I have in place, or seasonal performance (guy turns out to be awful in my home park, so I only want him playing road games).

This is something that would definitely be useful to a lot of owners.

5/31/2017 9:00 PM
12 Next ▸
Home/Away Lineups Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.